Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Large Bat

Default I never realized how fun Enchanters were

I started a new Enchanter 'toon because I recently just returned to EQ after a few months of inactivity due to High School. I created a Human ENC with 25 CHA and 5 INT as his starting stats. I am surprised with how many people buff you, too. I dinged 4 an hour or two ago, and I'm wondering if when hitting 5 is appropriate to start LFG. But ENC'S been fun thus far. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gnome ench is the best ench
I'm more used to Freeport, though. I'll definitely go for a Gnome ench once I get used to the layout. Only cities I know as of now are Kelethin and Freeport.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

You get hide with a dark elf enchanter (good for breaking a charmed pet), come to the dark side...we have cookies.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Banned

good thing i have illusion spells to hide the shame of my 55 eru enc
Old 12-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You get hide with a dark elf enchanter (good for breaking a charmed pet), come to the dark side...we have cookies.
My enchanter is dark elf for hide. But you will find me rocking gnome illusion 99% of the time, because as someone else pointed out, the best enchanter is a dark gnome enchanter.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

After playing a Ranger (actually several) to 55+, my enchanter feels like i'm cheating. They are some OP schizz.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After playing a Ranger (actually several) to 55+, my enchanter feels like i'm cheating. They are some OP schizz.
Enchanters are indeed disgustingly OP. I felt the same way playing one. Literally was like cheating. I mean, you could completely remove charm from the class and they'd still be one of the most desired group classes and a top line soloer (animation + slowed mobs + haste is no joke, especially when paired with all that CC).

I honestly have no idea what the hell the original developers were thinking with the Enchanter class. I can only assume they simply didn't realize the deeper implications of many of their designs decisions. I mean, this is a class that can completely disable multiple mobs almost indefinitely. They can charm mobs that DPS and tank better than any player. They can haste their charmed pet and slow the enemy mob. They have the necessary tools between stun, mez and rune to deal with charm breaks relatively easily. They also get an animation pet, which while definitely limited in certain respects, is actually superior to Necro and Mage pets at tanking mobs 50+ when you factor in the power of slow and rune.

How Enchanters should have been balanced:

1) Remove charm entirely - class goes from godlike to very good
2) Remove haste and clarity and give to Wizards, remove slow and give to Druids - Enchanters remain focused on CC and charming. Wizards and Druids suddenly become solid and useful grouping classes.

Even option 2 there, which sounds like an insane nerf on paper, would still place the Enchanter well ahead of the Magician in overall power, and probably ahead of Necros as well. Charm and CC together is just so unbelievably OP, and the other goodies Enchanters get (haste, slow, crack, tash) are just over the top.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters are indeed disgustingly OP. I felt the same way playing one. Literally was like cheating. I mean, you could completely remove charm from the class and they'd still be one of the most desired group classes and a top line soloer (animation + slowed mobs + haste is no joke, especially when paired with all that CC).

I honestly have no idea what the hell the original developers were thinking with the Enchanter class. I can only assume they simply didn't realize the deeper implications of many of their designs decisions. I mean, this is a class that can completely disable multiple mobs almost indefinitely. They can charm mobs that DPS and tank better than any player. They can haste their charmed pet and slow the enemy mob. They have the necessary tools between stun, mez and rune to deal with charm breaks relatively easily. They also get an animation pet, which while definitely limited in certain respects, is actually superior to Necro and Mage pets at tanking mobs 50+ when you factor in the power of slow and rune.

How Enchanters should have been balanced:

1) Remove charm entirely - class goes from godlike to very good
2) Remove haste and clarity and give to Wizards, remove slow and give to Druids - Enchanters remain focused on CC and charming. Wizards and Druids suddenly become solid and useful grouping classes.

Even option 2 there, which sounds like an insane nerf on paper, would still place the Enchanter well ahead of the Magician in overall power, and probably ahead of Necros as well. Charm and CC together is just so unbelievably OP, and the other goodies Enchanters get (haste, slow, crack, tash) are just over the top.
I played one on live for 4 or 5 years. Started a necromancer first but rerolled to enchanter at 30ish. They weren't as OP on live as they are here until PoP which is when they go ridiculous (I soloed Lodizal till I have millions in pp on live). Forgot what the zone was but used to charm these boars in a pit in PoP, was a massacre.

On live charm broke a lot, I mean a lot, sometimes lasting only 2 seconds. You were constantly recharming and even with high end luclin / pop gear you died extremely fast.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played one on live for 4 or 5 years. Started a necromancer first but rerolled to enchanter at 30ish. They weren't as OP on live as they are here until PoP which is when they go ridiculous (I soloed Lodizal till I have millions in pp on live). Forgot what the zone was but used to charm these boars in a pit in PoP, was a massacre.

On live charm broke a lot, I mean a lot, sometimes lasting only 2 seconds. You were constantly recharming and even with high end luclin / pop gear you died extremely fast.
Plane of Tactics
Old 12-24-2016, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plane of Tactics
Yeah thats the one. Was a fantastic zone for charming. War boars I think were the mob. They kicked ass. Now I miss PoP but not really, quit after LDON, but PoP was the beginning of the end [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread