Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly like the true to life timeline. I understand in wanting to speed things up, but I believe the devs and the people who do all the work want to stick as close to classic is as possible. And I feel we should stand behind them on that. It's really up to them what happens and we will follow no matter what. I played EQ from 1998 to 2004 and I really enjoyed the timeline. (If anyone wants to be a smart arse like normal, yes EQ was out in 1998, if you were in beta) And I do think it gives the newer players a chance to experience how this server is now. If anyone wants to take a month or two off after they get lvl 50 and wait for the content, you are glad to. There are new people on this server every day, and some of those people want to camp a manastone or rubi bp for themselves just as everyone else did, so why not give them a chance? I do agree having more raid content would help, but why rush the natural order?

Everyone joined this server knowing (hopefully) that it is as true to classic as possible, so why not try and stick to that? Xplodr and I were actually having a conversation about keeping this as classic as possible the other day, where did that reasoning go X!? haha, I hear where you are coming from, you got to lvl 50 very quickly and started raiding, now what to do!? Lvl your enc or your druid! help out noobs and have more fun.
NOTE: This is not an attack on the Devs, GMs or server.

The problem right now, is that we did not follow the natural order. Paineel was out at launch. Magicians have pet heals. Pets aren't regulated on weapon delay (classic). Charm holds for it's full length 99% of the time if you've got enough CHA (was this classic? I never remember charm being so OPd). Quillmane cloaks aren't instant. Kithicor was "bloody" since launch. Shadowmen are in.

I KNOW these are tiny things, but they add up. If Paineel is out and shadowmen are about, why not release Sol Ro? If guilds are scrapping and warring because there isn't enough content (and pretty much any top guild can kill any target), why not open new content (that is ready for release?).

I'm all for natural order. But we aren't following natural order. We are following a selective group of events, which may or may not happen in a correct order, based on the time they are "completed" and "released" to us.

And again. This is the best classic server, period. Maybe way down the road others will pop up. But for now, and the foreseeable future, this is the one and only, the big daddy, THE classic experience. But, a classic experience it may be, it is not a "Exact Classicly Accurate Server".