Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2019, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Default Green, canni spam vs canni dance

What are you guys doing?

My napkin math and rough, quick test in game suggests that for me personally (my clicking speed, latency, etc), spamming canni is somewhat faster regen but much less efficient than trying to "blind dance" (what I call canni-sit-canni-sit but without actively trying to catch med ticks), which is about the same speed but again significantly less efficient than actively, carefully canni dancing with 1 canni per tick and catching all server ticks sitting.

The last option is a pain imo. I can't seem to time server ticks without watching my actual hp numbers in my inventory screen. So opening that up and waiting a tick or two to make sure I've got the real tick and fake tick right before I start dancing... meh.

I tend to blind dance. I could see spam being a better option if you have bard regen or for some reason another healer has mana to burn and is healing you.

Once Kunark rolls around, spamming with canni 2 or 3 is probably similar to blind dancing because of their greater speed letting you get it done faster so you can sit and catch all your med ticks, right? And then with canni 4 and its longer cast time and much higher hp->mp numbers, it will probably always be worth spamming instead of dancing? And that's without even bard song or outside heals, and pre-torpor.

Share your wisdom with a shaman noob and his low-wisdom troll shaman.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-26-2019 at 10:28 AM..