Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

HQ bear skins are an excellent way of getting started. It's not like you need a fortune to get some decent gear. I hate EC now but when I first started here it was awesome cause I could xp, sell my pelts, and buy gear at the same time.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Kobold

It depends on class a bit as to how much use farming money is.
For example if you are a necro then farming money is a waste of time. Better just to level up as fast as possible.
Mellee type chars probably have to do a bit of farming for gear.

I don't like EC particularly. I find the level range of mobs to great and getting into trouble a bit. There are a couple of spots where it's pretty good though. The north west corner by the huts is pretty safe from wandering kos mobs, and a zoneline nice and close.

For just levelling I rather like NRo. Not much money but the mob ranges are pretty well graduated from north to south. After that I usually go to oasis which is crap loot, but good for getting a group. As a mellee you probably need to farm some money for this though. As mentioned wisps are great for cash, but watch out because the guards wont save you from them. The "going postal" quest used to be good on live where you could use the POK stones. Now you have to run them you probably don't one that needs boats. Here is a list...
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/sear...q=going+postal

Felwithe to Kelethin sounds decent, as well as west karana to qeynos.

When you're a bit higher level, theres good money to be had off the karana bandits and the bandit sashes. Turn the sashes to Chesgard Sydwen in the paladins area in Qeynos. You get a bronze weapon for each sash plus good gold. The bandits are an amazing camp if you can manage to single pull them. You probably need either a druid with harmony or a high level char to break the spawn.

When you get to 20ish you can camp the hermit in SK. I think he is about the lowest level mob in the game that drops fine steel. Run directly north and sell them at the centaur camp. Besides great money he is an easy kill with a crazy fast respawn timer and there are no adds. Good till 27ish.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Orc

I'd like to add a couple things for people in Gfay. Kill pixies at low levels, in front of Felwithe seems to be the best spot, people will pay nicely for the pixie dust (if you can find someone buying them, 5pp each), they drop gems and cracked staffs as well. Also, foragers will find morning dew, which sell for anywhere from 25 to 50 plat. They're used for cultural armor, but be warned, buyers for this item are very rare.