Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Bag style has already been shot down. Lets move on.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bag style has already been shot down. Lets move on.
I just think it allows for strategic selection of mobs, along with rewarding individuals:
"yes johnny, thanks for the tracking hours, we'll be going after inny hard the nxt two weeks with our allowance to get you your eye" for instance.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could be right, I brought TMO's hands off 20 days into it. I think that makes sense. I'll just post a hybrid version with sirken's. Would be 110% fair.
I have absolutely no issue with the version of Sirken's plan that you posted Flippie.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't. Create a tier2 rotation if you want for tier2 guilds, it splits it so that you actually get rewarded if you want to work while giving those not interested in that still a significant portion of mobs and a crack at the big 4 on a regular basis.

It's fair, not 50/50.
As a casual, I agree with this.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Planar Protector

Also, Tykco is right. Rogean's post, which I understood as him posting *after* consulting with Nilbog, Sirken, and maybe some of the GMs and devs under them, reads as though the PNP is being flagrantly violated, and TMO's two weeks and now the server's current raid suspension was a big reset button to get the PNP back into the game. Sirken's proposal is the first one to implement PNP rules, or more accurately punishments for PNP infractions. The other proposals, namely the Divinity plan, enforce PNP through rotation periods. But that was due to other stipulations from Rogean to not anticipate rule or code changes. Sirken's proposal blatantly asks for a code change for the no-poopsock mechanic, and the 7 or 8 days really benefits from changes to Variance to work well. Basically, tier2 developed a proposal that met the objectives, and then CSR came in and started making proposals that do not meet the same criteria.

I like seeing the CSR proposals, they give insight into your views. But if they aren't written to the same criteria, no wonder they don't match our player-derived proposals.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

I kinda want one of these proposals to be an actual proposal.

Like Sirken making an honest woman out of Rogean...

Oh well, I guess only in my p99 slash fiction

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Default Sirken 2.0

For those late to the party.

Take TMO/FE Proposal that was originally posted with 7 day hands off, move that to 10, move Sirken's Mob list instead of TMO/FE's, ADD Sirken's PNP, Take TMO/FE No In-game Poopsock Rules. Tier 2 can have a rotation if they want, up to them. Tier 1 attacks Tier 2 on First 10 Days, Second 20 days Tier 1 on Tier 1....... YOU GET THIS:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

100% Fair to All, Tier 2 gets MORE mobs than Tier 1, and Tier 2 can attack Tier 1 mobs on the second 20 days. Someone decide rules on how you shift tier 1 and 2. If you don't like this idea you're donkers!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
I want to, in your mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are stipulations that hopefully decrease PNP infractions, but those will still require fraps and petitionquest. Tier2 wants to cut PNP infractions with a rotation
as a person that has to deal with petitionquest, i think i have a better idea of what causes more petitions, and would really appreciate it if players stopped trying to use that argument. Let the staff tell you what will and what won't blow up the petition queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The death penalty works. Oh wait...
seriously? do u have any idea how many people i'd have murdered if it wasn't illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still think one priority in this whole discussion should be to do something to fix the said DA stall tanking, FTE sniping, leapfrogging, training with plausible deniability, and creating mounds of petitions. Not just cut the whole server in half.
reread my OP, it addresses all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate variance in its current form [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
variance is a byproduct of poopsocking. less poopsocking could = less variance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way to interpret this, in our unique context here, is: You haven't sunk low enough to win these mobs in the ridiculous meta-game that has evolved on this server, so you have no claim over them. Some of us beg to differ.
holy shit, reading comprehension. you said you were giving things up, i pointed out that were not not in fact giving things up. and (SPOILER ALERT) you are only GAINING. the only people actually having things taken off their plates are the T1 guilds. how you feel about it doesn't make it less true. you might hate it, it might think it sucks, but facts are facts.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
For those late to the party.

Take TMO/FE Proposal that was originally posted with 7 day hands off, move that to 10, move Sirken's Mob list instead of TMO/FE's, ADD Sirken's PNP, Take TMO/FE No In-game Poopsock Rules. Tier 2 can have a rotation if they want, up to them. Tier 1 attacks Tier 2 on First 10 Days, Second 20 days Tier 1 on Tier 1....... YOU GET THIS:

100% Fair to All, Tier 2 gets MORE mobs than Tier 1, and Tier 2 can attack Tier 1 mobs on the second 20 days. Someone decide rules on how you shift tier 1 and 2. If you don't like this idea you're donkers!
SIGNED
Old 01-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

holy shit, reading comprehension. you said you were giving things up, i pointed out that were not not in fact giving things up. and (SPOILER ALERT) you are only GAINING. the only people actually having things taken off their plates are the T1 guilds. how you feel about it doesn't make it less true. you might hate it, it might think it sucks, but facts are facts.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread