Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Scimitar sooooo slow though. I've never owned one but I have owned the 17/34 axe and promptly traded it away. My rogue is using seb dirk in offhand and I've also been looking for a better offhand but the minimal difference of dps improvement via EoN or exquisite spear doesn't seem worth the 35-45k dent in bankroll. Am I wrong here? I know in kunark era buyable offhand best was the EoN followed by seb dirk. What is it for velious?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 03-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Aviak

My hunch is the velious OH droppable list is, along
With a guess on reasonable prices:

1: horn of hsagra (good luck, all the pp)
2: exquisite spear/hammer; SOED (25k-35k)
3: EON (18k-22k)
4: winters fury; skyfury scimitar (9k-10k)

I am sure there are many others, but those come to mind at the moment. People might balk at skyfury, but i like the ratio and svm.

At the risk of reducing visibility, it seems this thread should be in the melee forum. Happy to keep it going though, as Rog has probably become my new main.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Ratio wise, the spear is better than scimitar for offhand .6 vs .588. Very, very close. I'd be happy with either as a pre-endgame setup. Just wouldn't bother using spear in MH unless you needed to push something.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ratio wise, the spear is better than scimitar for offhand .6 vs .588. Very, very close. I'd be happy with either as a pre-endgame setup. Just wouldn't bother using spear in MH unless you needed to push something.
Okay. Until I get my epic though should I get rid of the Heavy Velium or the EoN to go with the Exquisite? Also much thanks to the replies. I love seeing options...if the best option is to keep EoN maybe theres something with the same dmg/delay ratio (0.56) and cheaper? I wouldn't mind selling it to get some extra money to help the 30k dent on Exquisite spear lol.
Last edited by dirtyhousebeatz; 03-25-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

My current options are RB + EoN or Thornstinger + RB. I haven't got to parse them yet but which would you think would be better off?
Huddaan <The Second Sons>
An army of alts <The Second Sons>
Old 03-26-2016, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhousebeatz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay. Until I get my epic though should I get rid of the Heavy Velium or the EoN to go with the Exquisite? Also much thanks to the replies. I love seeing options...if the best option is to keep EoN maybe theres something with the same dmg/delay ratio (0.56) and cheaper? I wouldn't mind selling it to get some extra money to help the 30k dent on Exquisite spear lol.
I don't think min maxing a sub 46 rogue is going to make a world of difference, particularly when you're debating the merits of an awesome weapon + / - .2 ratio from another awesome weapon. It's a bigger deal when you're deciding what you'll be stuck with for the foreseeable future at 60. I leveled 50+ on red with 10 dmg tooth picks (blood point and a bone razor gifted to me from the Duke himself praise his name) before I got my epic and was fine. Just level lol. All those weapons are getting sold eventually when you get Rage. Heavy vel ratio looks slightly better than EoN though.

Oh, regarding a cheap EoN equivalent. Seb dirk all the way. .555 ratio vs .560. That lil toothpick is probably my favorite weapon in EQ. Cheaper higher agro EoN basically.
Last edited by Cecily; 03-26-2016 at 12:38 AM..
Old 03-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My current options are RB + EoN or Thornstinger + RB. I haven't got to parse them yet but which would you think would be better off?
Parse! I should know the answer to this one, but I forgot. I'm pretty sure TS+RB was the better combo between the two though. I'm just not a fan of damage bonus over BS damage.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think min maxing a sub 46 rogue is going to make a world of difference, particularly when you're debating the merits of an awesome weapon + / - .2 ratio from another awesome weapon. It's a bigger deal when you're deciding what you'll be stuck with for the foreseeable future at 60. I leveled 50+ on red with 10 dmg tooth picks (blood point and a bone razor gifted to me from the Duke himself praise his name) before I got my epic and was fine. Just level lol. All those weapons are getting sold eventually when you get Rage. Heavy vel ratio looks slightly better than EoN though.

Oh, regarding a cheap EoN equivalent. Seb dirk all the way. .555 ratio vs .560. That lil toothpick is probably my favorite weapon in EQ. Cheaper higher agro EoN basically.
Yeah i was gonna go with SCD but since it swings so quick I heard it's like an agro magnet which isn't very good lol. especially wen u already get a nice fast MH weapon..You're right though, +/- .2 dmg/delay ratio shouldn't matter too much leveling. Like I said I'm overthinking a bit too much. I should probably just overthink when I hit 60 hehe
Old 03-26-2016, 01:04 AM
Banned

if you spent more time playing your rogue instead of asking the forums, you'd do more damage overall. this is just obvious in terms of time spent.

just a lil helpful tip :-)
Old 03-26-2016, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you spent more time playing your rogue instead of asking the forums, you'd do more damage overall. this is just obvious in terms of time spent.

just a lil helpful tip :-)
Nah I'm on my mule. Thanks for the tip though nerd. Nice avatar. Shouldn't be your concern what I do. Your post wasn't helpful at all. Better not have posted. This thread has also already helped other people as they stated and wanted it to continue to debate good options with RB. Maybe you can give me some of your Trading cards or something so I can be as cool as you!
Closed Thread