Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_savage1982 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like classic EQ because it's more realistic then modern MMORPGs in that a fantasy world is frigging dangerous. You have necromancers conjuring skeletons and ogres raping high elves. It's DANGEROUS shit man. You're not in a happy hello kitty world when you enter Norrath. No. Around every corner here there is a KoS mob that wants to rape you and eat you for breakfast. That's why this game is so wonderful. You are forced to learn and adapt to everything - inconveniences and all. I love it.
Yeah, lets talk about realism. Wouldn't the guards want to keep the some semblance of peace in the city? Isn't that their job. Why then would they let the same person keep punching the living piss out of another and stand idle?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I'd agree that there are annoyances which no one would miss if they disappeared. That's not the point of this server. Now that those two mobs have killed you, you should know where they are and how to avoid them. Also, as a Necro you'll get gather shadows soon enough and will spend all your time within cities invis 'just in case' so you don't get agro'd.

Now if you believe that it is an error that they're agroing you through the walls and shouldn't be, create a bug in the bug forum about it.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanrise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, lets talk about realism. Wouldn't the guards want to keep the some semblance of peace in the city? Isn't that their job. Why then would they let the same person keep punching the living piss out of another and stand idle?
Probably because those guards only just barely tolerate your existence but they love the guy punching the piss out of you. So they allow it.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanrise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright, I respect that you want to emulate original everquest as much as possible, but do you really have to leave in some of the generally annoying parts? Like multiple NPCs that one shot low level necros in Qeynos? It would be nice to make it to the GM without being killed by an NPC 9999 times.

On a related note, wouldn't guards want to kill said NPC for disturbing the peace multiple times.
low level necros get invis, use it and immerse yourself in classic everquest noobie
<Holocaust>
VZTZ
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

In the amount of time you've spent bellyaching over it, a mediocre player could have identified the challenge, solved it in any number of ways, benefitted from improved awareness, familiarity with spells, new friends, etc, and moved on to greater things.

While this concept may have been lost in the WoW era, challenges inherent to a video game should be solved with your own resourcefulness, not by complaining to the developers.

Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
I love you.