Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Fire Giant

More like Wavecrasher and Frostbringer. Probably the best tradeable tank weapons, excluding of course BoC which barely counts.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

As far as items, click effect class armor and holgresh beads mostly
Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Banned

Staff of the Morning Dew
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 12
DMG: 4 Dmg Bonus: 21
STA: +10 INT: +25 MANA: +100
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
WT: 3.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM IKS FRG DRK

wow
Old 07-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost want to roll a warrior just to have a chance at this:

Gaudralek, Sword of the Sky

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that graphic also exists on Petrified Heartwood Flamberge.

I'm also looking forward to Nature's Defender, the BEST 2HS weapon graphic in any game, ever (IMO), with PHF/Gaud as a close 2nd.

I will enjoy that the raid content in Velious is tiered. The people killing Giants for Thurg armor won't have to fight with the people killing in NToV for skyshrine armor, etc. There's a literal TON of raid content out there in Velious, and also lots of group content and even some really good leveling content (ToFS and CC anyone?). It's an amazing expansion, with some epic quests (rings, shawls, eyepatch which I never knew how to get). I'm so excited for this expac!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people killing Giants for Thurg armor won't have to fight with the people killing in NToV for skyshrine armor, etc.
I agree except it was Testing Halls. And people could be in west wing farming Kael armor.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

The only downside of Velious is the 10-40ish population is going to become extremely spread out and may start to decline pretty dramatically as the average level of active players on the server increases..

I'm thinking some kind of system could be set up where people could sign up, indicate their class, level, the times they want to group during the week, and could be matched up with others and coordinate accordingly.

Basically a ghetto or do-it-yourself form of...and I hate to call it this...Dungeon Finder.

But with a sparse population, just showing up in upper guk, sol a, etc might prove unfruitful for grouping classes.

Just a thought.

Edit: as a clarification, I don't mean a system built-into EQ which is actually like Dungeon Finder - but something else which is similar to what people would have used from 1999-2001, i.e. a p99 forum channel titled "LFG," etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Last edited by Messianic; 07-21-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only downside of Velious is the 10-40ish population is going to become extremely spread out and may start to decline pretty dramatically as the average level of active players on the server increases..

I'm thinking some kind of system could be set up where people could sign up, indicate their class, level, the times they want to group during the week, and could be matched up with others and coordinate accordingly.

Basically a ghetto or do-it-yourself form of...and I hate to call it this...Dungeon Finder.

But with a sparse population, just showing up in upper guk, sol a, etc might prove unfruitful for grouping classes.

Just a thought.

Edit: as a clarification, I don't mean a system built-into EQ which is actually like Dungeon Finder - but something else which is similar to what people would have used from 1999-2001, i.e. a p99 forum channel titled "LFG," etc.
I think there was a LFG tool that when you flagged yourself as LFG it was global and put you into a window (this was during luclin or PoP i believe).
Old 07-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Kobold

originally no giants dropped keys (or pieces of keys) to ST. it was only Zlandicar, Klandicar, Sontalak, Yelinak, and Lendiniara the Keeper.

velious is when i really hit stride raiding, and distinctly remember 12+ hour stints in West wing? of ToV camping giant-faction armor.

that and PoGrowth sucks.

I'm looking forward to this item: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4027 -- solely because I never got it in live. and this one, because of how many hybrids hated my rogue ass for having it: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4341

i liked the fights of velious much more than any particular gear though, AoW, Aaryonar, Vyemm, Vulak ... duoing Lodizal. these things made Velious the best.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
originally no giants dropped keys (or pieces of keys) to ST. it was only Zlandicar, Klandicar, Sontalak, Yelinak, and Lendiniara the Keeper.

velious is when i really hit stride raiding, and distinctly remember 12+ hour stints in West wing? of ToV camping giant-faction armor.

that and PoGrowth sucks.

I'm looking forward to this item: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4027 -- solely because I never got it in live. and this one, because of how many hybrids hated my rogue ass for having it: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4341

i liked the fights of velious much more than any particular gear though, AoW, Aaryonar, Vyemm, Vulak ... duoing Lodizal. these things made Velious the best.
The good old days of Nightbane!
Closed Thread