Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

i mean audio triggers def werent classic imo

take out rings might aswell that still got that flashing name bros we all good i mean but still ppl who cheat are bad players to me
Old 10-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as those programs do *not* interact with the EQ client, you are not doing anything against the rules. So if you operate the timers yourself - fine.

I *believe* that on-line log parsers are also allowed, to give you audio triggers - but on that I recommend getting confirmation from someone who knows better than I do.

Anything that sniffs the network packets of your client, or the memory content of your client, or manipulates the packets sent to the server -> ban hammer!
So what would something like WoW's addon that alerted you to a rare mob in the area do? I used it and did not consider it cheating since it was allowed and supported, but never knew how it did it.

Would the same sort of thing be considered cheating in EQ? Not that I plan to go look for any EQ addons, just wondering.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what would something like WoW's addon that alerted you to a rare mob in the area do? I used it and did not consider it cheating since it was allowed and supported, but never knew how it did it.

Would the same sort of thing be considered cheating in EQ? Not that I plan to go look for any EQ addons, just wondering.
That's what MQ2 does, along with a buncha other stuff. So yeah it would be cheating

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 10-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what MQ2 does, along with a buncha other stuff. So yeah it would be cheating
Oh. I had no idea what MQ2 was, but if it's not allowed it's not allowed.

WoW allows those kinds of addons so it's not cheating. It's the first and so far only online game where I've used addons.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are some programs out there wich can help to improve your playing, like sounds, timers for buff and so on, are this programs allowed, I feel a bit insecure
Programs that read from a log file and do things based on that are acceptable:

Yaulp / GamParse / GamTextTriggers.

Programs that actively modify the client and change shit in EQ giving you abilities to do things ingame are not acceptable:

MQ2 / ShowEQ

The difference between em is GamParse/GamText dont modify game files, they just read from a witten file (your eqlog file) and spit out data back at you. Whether it is a trigger or a sound or a timer or a DPS / Tank / Heal parse. MQ2 / ShowEQ modify actual EQ files giving you abilities in game like warping / chain zoning / turning off blind / autofollowing a mob so you never get out of range of it / show you where mobs are on a map etc.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Large Rat

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth! Be gone pest!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely a witch hunt when the server recognizes that a given client is editing things and interacting with the game that shouldn't be possible.

Definitely just casting stones and seeing where they land right? 126 people were too cocky to believe Rogean when they said they had a nasty surprise for anyone who wanted to keep cheating. Apparently when 365 accounts got suspended, 126 people didn't get the memo.
haha i think you misinterpreted what i was saying. ban the cheaters who are actually cheaters call them out and shame them idgaf. but everytime this happens people start pointing fingers at everyone "what he beat me to quillmane and he's a warrior?!?!!? must be using showeq" /petition.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

You will always get people who do that. Its usually people who show up late to a zone they love and begin to make allegations so that the people there leave. Good examples are favorite xp or PLing spots. Loot spots etc. I have a mage I use to pharm stuff with. I get harassed alot for being to high a level to get xp form the mobs im killing. A few friends of mine joined the server recently and the mage has been invaluable to helping to PL them as well. I say let people point fingers and get upset vs. moving on to try to find something fun to do. I'm not cheating so I'm not worried about it.