Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So are you saying killing Noble does not despawn the OoAs?

I heard through the grapevine that is how it worked on live but never dug into it. Made it sound like it would help you pop noble faster initially, but once you kill him you need to respawn all the OoAs again to speed him along.

Again this was just something I heard, just asking community if that is the case on P99
if there is another mechanic that's new to me maybe someone with more knowledge could chime in. On live I don't think I even knew plane of sky existed. So my experiences are strictly on p99.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's complicated. Here is the basic structure if someone can set me straight on some of the details please do

There is one Noble that spawns every seven days and killing him does not affect the time of anything else.

If an Ooa spawns and is not killed buy a raid then after 7 or 10 days a noble spawns in its place. one Noble pop does not despawn all the other Ooa cycles. If everything is going right then there can be 4 (??) Ooa cycles going on + the seven day spawn.

These ooa cycles seem really sensitive to patches or resets
Incorrect.
When 7 day noble is slain, an OOA spawns and a 7 day timer starts. If that OOA is not killed then 72 hours later it despawns and a noble pops. This is known as the 3 day noble. Slaying a 3 day noble spawns another OOA but does not start a 7 day timer. That OOA follows the rules all OOA follows, so you will have a noble spawn every 3 days per OOA. The 7 day spawn is the only one that spawns fresh OOA. So each week you will get an additional OOA and there can be multiple OOA up.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect.
When 7 day noble is slain, an OOA spawns and a 7 day timer starts. If that OOA is not killed then 72 hours later it despawns and a noble pops. This is known as the 3 day noble. Slaying a 3 day noble spawns another OOA but does not start a 7 day timer. That OOA follows the rules all OOA follows, so you will have a noble spawn every 3 days per OOA. The 7 day spawn is the only one that spawns fresh OOA. So each week you will get an additional OOA and there can be multiple OOA up.
Damn thats complicated. Is there a limit to this? Ive always seen it max out at 3-4
Old 05-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

The Overseers dont depop like that after 3 days.

Also killing the 3 day Noble ( the one on the left of the doorway ) does NOT spawn an Overseer. Overseer only spawn off the 7 day Noble death and thats how you can 'count' how far the cycle has gone.

Overseers do not start to depop until there are 4 Overseers up, then when you kill the 7 day Noble that would have spawned a 5th Overseer the very first Overseer that started the cycle will depop when a new OoA spawns.

I believe 4 Overseers of Air is the max you can have up and it will produce Nobles everyday with some days having 2 and eventually some days with 3 as those 7 day Noble timers begin to overlap with the 3 day ones.
Last edited by Erati; 05-18-2017 at 09:49 AM..
Old 05-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

They absolutely do despawn. Go check track after a 3 day noble and you'll see a fresh OOA at top of track list.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

You guys are not actually going to get anywhere on the YDYN thing until you get Rustle to agree. The likelihood of that happening is slim to none.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They absolutely do despawn. Go check track after a 3 day noble and you'll see a fresh OOA at top of track list.
I said they despawn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overseers do not start to depop until there are 4 Overseers up, then when you kill the 7 day Noble that would have spawned a 5th Overseer the very first Overseer that started the cycle will depop when a new OoA spawns.
Please read fully. I might have some things inaccurate in terms of the timing or amounts of Overseers but they certainly do not depop after 3 days, you would never have Overseers stacking up if that was the case. A new Overseer only spawns after the 7 day Noble dies, not the 3 day.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Semantics then. If you have a 3 day noble up then his corresponding OOA is down until you kill the noble. Which respawns an OOA on death. Technically it's a new OOA, but it's not a stacking OOA.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Semantics then. If you have a 3 day noble up then his corresponding OOA is down until you kill the noble. Which respawns an OOA on death. Technically it's a new OOA, but it's not a stacking OOA.
I see what you are saying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes, we are both correct. I was mostly talking about how to 'stack' the Overseers.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not true and I certainly wasn't implying this. There are still items from sky which are very good or perhaps BIS utility. Some nice clickies up there in the sky.
Yes you did. See:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With velious out the stuff they drop isn't worth killing them.
What difference does it make if there's better stuff available in Velious? We're all here to relive classic EQ, Nobles are classic EQ. People are doing all sorts of quests and camps where there is better and easier to get stuff dropping in Velious, but they want the Ro's Armor they had in 1999, or the Burning Rapier, or the Treant Fists, or perhaps Gold Plate Armor on their caster...
Closed Thread