Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

AAs sucked, not because of what they gave you, but because it was an insane time sink added on top of evryhing else. By comparecen, WoW talent system is a way better approach to class customization.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What caused the decline of EQ was WoW pretty much.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AAs sucked, not because of what they gave you, but because it was an insane time sink added on top of evryhing else. By comparecen, WoW talent system is a way better approach to class customization.
LOL comparing to WoW. How many years before WoW came out did AA's in EQ? LMAO And imo nothing good came from WoW. It destroyed is what it did.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL comparing to WoW. How many years before WoW came out did AA's in EQ? LMAO And imo nothing good came from WoW. It destroyed is what it did.
2 words - "Diablo 2"
Old 05-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

When WoW was released my guild of 200 mains went down to about 20 active mains. It was a VERY tough time for us.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW talent system is a way better approach to class customization.
I agree with this statement. Not that I enjoy class customization, because I don't, but the talent system was a better approach to allowing class customization imo.

Edit: Since I haven't posted in this thread before (and yes I realized it was a bump) I might as well put my opinion out there! What I think killed EQ was the release of a more "polished" game coming out (WoW) combined with the EverQuest developers deviating from "The dream" that were the first couple of expansions and core game, along with people just naturally becoming burned out. MMO's are fairly young, but it's most likely we'll see some sort of life cycle established for the good ones, much like EQ had, and much like WoW is now seeming to gain. I can't talk about WoW subscriptions or anything because I don't know the numbers, but just from what I hear from lots of players is how they are getting burnt out playing it, how monotonous it has come, and how there was a development of an "elite class" of players that had been playing since the start and beat everything and are now seeking their kicks elsewhere (no I don't mean project1999). Nothing can last forever.
Last edited by Mcbard; 05-13-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Old 05-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I take the opposite view. I loved AAs because they gave you a way to advance your character beyond the level cap, that was not tied into grinding out raids for gear.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Have you done 7000+ AA's? No.

AA's are fucking gay.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

AA's are fucking gay.
and so is your posting like this!
Last edited by Shadey; 05-13-2011 at 07:06 PM..
Old 05-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

AA's are fucking gay.
I gave up after 200... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6 hours a day in BoT/HoH everyday pulling the same mobs over and over again...
Once I got the few essential, I only logged in for guild raids - there was nothing else to do... Then EQ2 was out, and half the guild quit... That was the end of eq1 for me.
Closed Thread