Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-21-2023, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From another thread but more detailed than the original post...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...61#post3617161

So their end-game goal is not full bis, but the lower hanging fruit.
Then I submit, he definitely wants to crutch on the clicks.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

i have parses of a lot of sebilis stuff and a couple of cliff golems i killed like a week ago but gamparse doesnt seem to give much info in the way of tanking. not sure if im doing something wrong with gamparse settings? i dont think youre going to take 50% less dmg, thats sounds like something silly you drummed up. i can say that at high ac places like sebilis stop being a challenge. i can take some SS's so you dont have to take my word for it, but for instance if i spot check a dar ghoul kill i see that i killed a dar ghoul knight and its dmg to me was 477 over 90 seconds. Krup ghoul knight 135 second fight 838 dmg to PC etc. i see though that end game is relative and i was the one making assumptions though. i think if you do get to 6k/1500ac though you'll find yourself fearing less and watching your passive tap procs pull a lot of weight in places like kunark.
Old 06-21-2023, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just one more point about skele illusion. If you were specifically referring to Soul Defiler, that weapon typically costs a lot of DKP, and it is pretty rare in terms of drop rate. If you can raid enough to get a Soul Defiler, you can get an Epic and simply swap to Epic when you need to bash, or click off Call To Bones if you need Slam on a ToV Weapon/Vulak Axe/Tunare Sword.
Yep I typed "inny's curse" instead of soul defiler. Just a mental swap. Had one on live and always found that annoying as an ogre.
Old 06-22-2023, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

We ought to schedule a time to meet up with our variously geared knights and do a little real time experimenting. I can bring end game paladin or sk.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We ought to schedule a time to meet up with our variously geared knights and do a little real time experimenting. I can bring end game paladin or sk.
Yeah let's do it! I replied to your PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

I have the last word.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Since OP specifically asked for input about solo-crawling (which presumably means dungeon-crawling), the fact remains that there are so few places inside dungeons where it's safe and practical to fear-kite that missing out on BE is a lot less of a downside. There's a select few places in dungeons where you can pull a mob to some safe area and carefully fear-kite it, but I wouldn't call that dungeon-crawling. If you want to actually move through a dungeon, killing as you go, fear-kiting is virtually impossible except for a tiny selection of places like certain portions of Howling Stones. In almost all places, you'll either train yourself or the mobs will get feared into water and shit like that.
Old 06-26-2023, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since OP specifically asked for input about solo-crawling (which presumably means dungeon-crawling), the fact remains that there are so few places inside dungeons where it's safe and practical to fear-kite that missing out on BE is a lot less of a downside. There's a select few places in dungeons where you can pull a mob to some safe area and carefully fear-kite it, but I wouldn't call that dungeon-crawling. If you want to actually move through a dungeon, killing as you go, fear-kiting is virtually impossible except for a tiny selection of places like certain portions of Howling Stones. In almost all places, you'll either train yourself or the mobs will get feared into water and shit like that.
I found fear kiting to work exceptionally well, especially with slam. I was doing it in HS, hole, KC, etc. It became a lot of fun finding different spots, and once I got in a nice groove I could go for a long period of time without needing a break. I used most of my mana on dooming darkness as in many cases the engulfing snare from the BE click wasn't good enough. But it was really good at like 40% when dooming wore off and I knew the mob was about to stop soon, and also effective for splitting a mobs as engulfing is enough to stop them in their tracks after you FD. You don't specifically need space initially to fear kite either, you can create space by killing a few mobs first and knowing their timer. There is nothing more efficient than fear kiting from a mitigation perspective which is huge for a class like SK which have very limited ways of efficient healing, they don't even get 210 bind wound whereas a pally does(weird). It workedreally great against casters too dropping a fear so they could never land cheal or big nukes whereas even a class like a monk would struggle since push interrupt isn't really viable anymore.

As already mentioned BE isn't necessary, but it's an advantage. And it isn't just limited to fear kiting, as you can use the greaves for a free 3 second FD with no recast time.
Last edited by Crede; 06-26-2023 at 01:36 PM..
Old 06-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Human SK if you're the real chad.

Troll just if you're like, eh, i want regen.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone have a standard 60 knight 1200-1250ac? That they want to parse with wed or Thurs night?