Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't have the time or desire to prove you're correct, why the fuck do you care?

Don't you think the Devs have enough on their plate? Step up and do it yourself, or Shut up.
I care because it currently affects me. Yes, I realise what the Dev's have on their plate. Incase you havent noticed, this is ONE of 855 entries in the bugs forum right at the moment. If I COULD step up and do it myself, I would, however, I know that the only thing I have to offer is my opinion, since I cant code or program for shit, and there dont seem to be any combat logs lying around from 1999... However, if YOU could get me a few pages of the original combat logs for various levels and skills, I could probably reverse engineer the original hit/miss formula, and track down the original random variable.

Do you really think the dev's are stupid enough to let me in to work on the source or the server code with no clue what im doing? I dont. Hence, I brought the topic up for discussion. Why? Because they know what they are doing, and I dont expect that they are busy playing a level 12-13 warrior just to check the hit/miss rate for fun.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

But you're not providing any evidence that it's any different than it was back then. I remember it as being absolutely horrible for a low level melee to kill anything- hence, why I never leveled any of them very far.

You are claiming to remember it differently. However, you aren't providing any proof. It's 11 years- everyone's memories are going to be somewhat different. In my memory (and it seems in the memory of several other posters), low level melee is pretty much the same as it was in classic. In your memory (and admittedly, in the memory of others, as well), it's not.

How do you propose to solve this discrepancy? Do you perchance, have any screenshots from 1999 showing a level 12 warrior hitting more than missing? Anything? Nobody's doubting your word that your 12 war can't hit shit. What they are doubting is the claim that it's not classic.

I specifically remember making the choice NOT to play a melee because of this very issue in live classic. Kudos to those who could stick with it, but I'm not one of them.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I care because it currently affects me. Yes, I realise what the Dev's have on their plate. Incase you havent noticed, this is ONE of 855 entries in the bugs forum right at the moment. If I COULD step up and do it myself, I would, however, I know that the only thing I have to offer is my opinion, since I cant code or program for shit, and there dont seem to be any combat logs lying around from 1999... However, if YOU could get me a few pages of the original combat logs for various levels and skills, I could probably reverse engineer the original hit/miss formula, and track down the original random variable.

Do you really think the dev's are stupid enough to let me in to work on the source or the server code with no clue what im doing? I dont. Hence, I brought the topic up for discussion. Why? Because they know what they are doing, and I dont expect that they are busy playing a level 12-13 warrior just to check the hit/miss rate for fun.

He wasn't telling you to do the dev's work... he was telling you to find proof for the dev's to WORK OFF OF.

Jesus man...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ahahaha No, they won't let you even have read access to their code.

http://www.eqwatcher.com/
run it in the background when you play, type /log On to turn your Logs on, and Play.

Save the file it spits out. Save them for a few days. I think they have better things to do, because know what man? they're gonna have to do this same exact Parsing to prove anything.

I'm done replying to this because you're either blinded by your rage at this Tiny problem, or you're a fuckin moron. Back to my game!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahahaha No, they won't let you even have read access to their code.

http://www.eqwatcher.com/
run it in the background when you play, type /log On to turn your Logs on, and Play.

Save the file it spits out. Save them for a few days. I think they have better things to do, because know what man? they're gonna have to do this same exact Parsing to prove anything.

I'm done replying to this because you're either blinded by your rage at this Tiny problem, or you're a fuckin moron. Back to my game!
Right... The "tiny" problem that somehow prevents me from doing exactly what I used to do back in 1999. Well fine, I guess I'll try and use your parser just to make you happy, then post the text file on here in a few days, also like you suggest, however, what you fail to realise is that the log will only give the data for the current situation, it wont magically spit out what used to happen back in 1999... Hence, the original problem will remain..

Gotta love the massive amount of nerdrage you guys exhibit when someone says there's a fault that you cant see.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Kobold

No, but they can take your numbers and if they seem off, they can adjust. Or not.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
No, but they can take your numbers and if they seem off, they can adjust. Or not.

all you can see is the immediate problem, you're completely incapable of putting an ounce of your own thought in to help the situation out. i cant stand people like you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You either need to learn to read or go get some glasses...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Kobold

k, have fun with that miss rate
Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Gotta love the massive amount of nerdrage you guys exhibit when someone says there's a fault that you cant see.

Considering what you have been posting this has to be one of the dumbest fucking things I have ever seen posted on this forum, and that's saying a lot.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering what you have been posting this has to be one of the dumbest fucking things I have ever seen posted on this forum, and that's saying a lot.
I know man, its people like you that post the dumbest shit... You come into a thread on a forum that you dont agree with and start posting a bunch of crap rather than coming up with a creative or constructive way to even try and find out if there actually is an issue, or helping to figgure out how to find out what things were actually like back in 99..

The dev's see shit like that and decide.. Yeah, im gonna just pass on this thread, its going to degenerate into mindless bullshit, and thanks to people like you, it theyre right! For all the shit you guys talk, not one of you has even bothered to come up with a constructive way to test this out, or track down some actual data, and since you thread trolls are the ones that seem to delight in doing that kind of thing, it figgures, the one thing you'd be good at, you wont even attempt.
Closed Thread