Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned

fuck this item was one of the highlights of me making a shaman on red99

i don't think you should question when it was added, but when it was meant to be added

surely if the developers made the item in classic and made the quest but broke the quest, the most logical solution would be that they intended for the item to be in the game, right?

sounds classic enough for me
Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Banned

You are stuck with your 70 delay wep for now pal
Old 10-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fuck this item was one of the highlights of me making a shaman on red99

i don't think you should question when it was added, but when it was meant to be added

surely if the developers made the item in classic and made the quest but broke the quest, the most logical solution would be that they intended for the item to be in the game, right?

sounds classic enough for me
I understand what you are saying, and I cannot say you are completely wrong.

Obviously you are biased based on your statments of wanting to get one for red99. Again, nothing wrong with that, people have convictions and its natural to argue for what they want.

The problem is, in order for this quest to be completed, they would have to add an NPC that did not exist on any live server untill at the earliest , early 2001. Once you knowingly cross that line, where do you stop. The fact it exsits on p99 was simply an oversight.

Either way, Nilbog seems to have made up his mind, wont be on red99 and will be removed on p99 but ones already received left in ( which I agree with ).

Cheers
Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

The MOST important part about this is that the ITEM itself needs to be changed.

The existing stats on the hammer are not correct.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the original form of the hammer circa february 2001.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The MOST important part about this is that the ITEM itself needs to be changed.

The existing stats on the hammer are not correct.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the original form of the hammer circa february 2001.
Actually, the hammer from when the quest was fixed to be completable has always been the 44 delay version with the added stats.

The hammer from your screenshot was most definatally from the First server wide Laxy Vox Kill. Her loot table was not populated yet and they gave out loot to the guild that killed her, this was one of the items given out.

As the Quest wont be on either server until Velious now, and after that it will be the 44 delay version, I do not see how fixing the ones in existance would do any good.

This server and the devs are not perfect and are making the attempt to fix said errors. Most of the time when Verant fixed their errors they left in the pre-nerf items as not to take away something a player earned, Unless said Item was just simply too powerful. Like the moss-covered twig which was retro nerfed.

This is not the case with this weapon, 1 less delay, a few stats and 30hp/mana.

I acknowlege the fact that this could be changed, and might be more proper to "classic" but its simply not worth the time of a dev to go in and change, especially knowing they will have to change it back later.

If we are going to work that way, we might as well forcabally remove all but 1 of them from the server entirely.

Leave it alone I say, and focus on more important things.
Closed Thread