Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

One is basically objective inasmuch as we have good knowledge of the facts.

The other is a subjective crapfest of bad arguments and anecdotes.

Sorry, I prefer the former even if it doesn't "feel" like 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Classic EQ required you to spend a minimum of 19 hours at a time to get anything done. I'm 28 with a full time job, a toddler, and going to school. I'm too casual of a player to be grouping more than 10 minutes a month. And my situation is probably pretty normal here. There's plenty of people who just don't have the time to be diving into the game for hours at a time.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ required you to spend a minimum of 19 hours at a time to get anything done. I'm 28 with a full time job, a toddler, and going to school. I'm too casual of a player to be grouping more than 10 minutes a month. And my situation is probably pretty normal here. There's plenty of people who just don't have the time to be diving into the game for hours at a time.

Here you go:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Might as well use the same logic to implement health potions and mercenaries.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here you go:

Logic? what logic the guy is just saying he doesnt have a lot of time for eq anymore because he is winning.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here you go:

P99 is one of the easiest MMO's in existence. Hate when people talk about other MMO's as ezmode when you can literally afk your way to 60 and full end game raid loot in EQ.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

wow kids couldn't handle the difficulty of p99
Old 08-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow kids couldn't handle the difficulty of p99
Pretty confident that the average p99 player couldn't make it through an LFR
Old 08-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logic? what logic the guy is just saying he doesnt have a lot of time for eq anymore because he is winning.
"Winning" and a maturing demographic is the same reason WoW moved to insta-queue dungeons that take less than 10 minutes to complete and have a nearly 0% fail rate. There's a reason we're all playing this instead of that. That's great that he is trying to balance out his life, but I'm just saying that every other MMO mirrors that style of play. This server and EvE are the last bastions of dependent, difficult MMORPGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is one of the easiest MMO's in existence. Hate when people talk about other MMO's as ezmode when you can literally afk your way to 60 and full end game raid loot in EQ.
Maybe some classes, but that being said quad kiting and charm soloing are still more difficult and risky than spamming "2" and doing solo fetch quests to level 60 in 1/4th the time it takes.

EQ isn't the hardest game of all time but it is definitely less forgiving and more difficult to solo in than other MMOs. We've all been playing for ~15 years, I'd like to see how easily a completely new player gets to lvl 60.
Last edited by sox7d; 08-10-2014 at 06:55 PM..
Old 08-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
"Winning" is the same reason WoW moved to insta-queue dungeons that take less than 10 minutes to complete and have a nearly 0% fail rate. There's a reason we're all playing this instead of that.
no doggie you are totally wrong. I'm playing it because I like shitty D&D art and nostalgia.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Sarnak

This is the same reason I laughed at the hardcore white knights yelling "Not Classic" when something changes that seems to disturb many of the players, yet when someone mentioned that boxing was classic, but not many people did it, same with item recharging and not many people did it, so it should be in the same boat, they defended that till the day they die.
Closed Thread