Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, weird. I've given tons and tons of starting gear away in gfay, they always accept. Whenever I drop SOW's in the newbie area, I never see anyone ever click them off. They'll even go get things like batwing or elf parts for you if you offer some more starting armor as a reward. Saw that all on early live as well. More of an EQ and UO thing I think though. Didn't see much of that at all in newer games.
What if you encountered the Nightwolf? Your nemesis? Would you share gear with him?
Old 05-12-2016, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Daywolf. Oooooohhh. Better than the Nightwolf. Oooooohh.
Champion of the sun. He's a master of karate and friendship for everyone.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:21 AM
Large Bat

I'm getting better.. Accepted some gifts, nothing extravagant but helpful, plus I am a sk so I am gear dependent
Old 05-12-2016, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaSeven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if you encountered the Nightwolf? Your nemesis? Would you share gear with him?
We would endlessly chase each other through the forests and plains of Norrath.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetwolf227 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
plus I am a sk so I am gear dependent
Not too bad, but you do need some AC. Otherwise better off than the other tanks.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Sometimes I sit in EC and auction off low level items, then when someone comes up to purchase one that clearly is a new player I will then give them the item for free or throw in a few other items they can use. I feel like since they were originally willing to pay for the item that they are more deserving of handouts. When random people send tells or do an /ooc asking for free stuff that just annoys the hell out of me.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I'm getting better.. Accepted some gifts, nothing extravagant but helpful, plus I am a sk so I am gear dependent
For a moment I was thinking you might be a barb I ran into in Everfrost the other day. Didn't want buffs then got all passive aggressive lol.

You aren't alone, I know a few people who enjoy this playstyle. I have one friend who doesn't like buffs and only wears gear that is obtainable by their level and makes RP sense. I had another friend (Had to escape from that friendship) that didn't like buffs as well. He would go into an indignant rage on voice every time some "a-hole" high level came and buffed him. HAHA.

I love buffs and gear. Everyone feel free to come PL me and give me gear. Level 54 sucks.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daywolf. Oooooohhh. Better than the Nightwolf. Oooooohh.
Champion of the sun. He's a master of karate and friendship for everyone.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

I feel the same way, I don't refuse an offering but when I'm trying to level a non-twink character, having some lvl 60 hand me 1k kills my experience....problem is almost all gear you wouldn't be caught dead wearing at 60 is dirt cheap and not worth taking the time to sell
Old 05-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Large Bat

I remember a guy bragging on live that if he looted something that he wanted another of his toons of his to have, he would make that toon pay market value in return. This justified or satisfied his anti-twink stance.

It took years before the right term came in to the English language to describe this - Autism. (not saying you are - Just brought back memories).
Closed Thread