Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to engelbert

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Looks good. I hope the absence of itemloot stays, and I'm glad the devs listened to reason and the majority.

Several weeks of beta sounds rough, we were hoping for a few days at most. Sounds like beta gameplay will be largely pointless and not much fun can be had while we wait since people can transfer their level 60s with Kunark gear while those without blue chars can't. It'll be fine for testing, but that's a long wait when no real PvP can be had to make beta testing for weeks interesting. Here's hoping it turns out they don't need that long. Also consider not letting Kunark items transfer, there's really no point.

XP loss on PvP death is fine, especially since there's a system to prevent extreme abuse. We had XP loss on Sullon Zek and it was really not a big deal at all with the reduced loss from PvP deaths, and it mostly went completely unnoticed. Assuming it's half of a PvE death or less, it won't wreck PvP in any way. I would consider a blanket +20% XP bonus, however, to compensate for both the regular loss in PvP and the fact that leveling in a PvP environment is simply harder.

For the dynamic level range, I would recommend that it be made to apply only to attacks, heals and detrimental spells. It would be annoying if you can't even ask that level 30 druid for a SoW or port because he'll get killed (with XP loss, too?) by the next level 50 that sees him. Nobody runs around deliberately OOR-buffing people for mad benefits. Healing was always the actual problem.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Default Implement

Do not allow zone plugging! I have missed way to many kills because of that shizz. And also put in a NPC with gear because its not fun to fight naked, and no one wants to camp shit on beta when people are already geared that takes wayyy to much time, and will not help you test anything with pvp. you need to gear the noobs with the same gear that is being transferd you dont have to level them up but deff gear them out.
Last edited by Kraz; 09-24-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Old 09-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Kobold

Fine let's get this done
Sarnak

HOLY MOLY SHIT BALLS
Sarnak

I'm excited for pvp but really disappointed at this ruleset. It is a good ruleset for beta though because I'll be transfering over my PVE geared toon : P
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

<3 Rogean
Old 09-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

This is the biggest news since jesus was born!!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

So how do we have our blue characters transfered for beta experimentation?
Old 09-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

IM HERE BROS, PRAISE ROGEAN AND HIS MINIONS!
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread