Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know a very limited number of people that bought alts that park them (maybe a dozen, tops). I know plenty of people that have leveled alts while mains were parked. When Kunark dropped i parked my enc and leveled flippie, then leveled necro etc etc. It's an advantage because people worked hard to earn that advantage and make the most of their playtime. So why not do the same, I'm sure many taken folk have been leveling alts while parking on Inny for the last month+ and they've had him locked down. That's why the 1-week-hands-off period seems entirely reasonable to me it gives a week where Cat A guilds wont touch anything thats high priority even after a time period or X # of wipes. You only have to track/compete/mobilize against like minded folk and not worry about anyones parked toons.
I felt that it would be a decent trade off if I left vp as a ffa zone. Which at current key levels is not a big bullet to bite for "casual" raiders.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Last edited by radditsu; 12-31-2013 at 02:14 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So TMO could dominate VP and get every single Trak, VS, and CT kill, and still have 5 other kills each month? This system still has nearly zero epic mobs going to anyone but TMO or FE/IB.

You just can't keep VP out of the conversation and make the numbers work.
I like the system, but it needs to be weighted. If every mob is the same value, then all that happens is tmo and ibfe kill the same mobs each and every week and we end up right where we started. The mobs need to be weighted based on value so guilds have to choose what mobs they want.

If the object here is to spread mobs around and get more guilds after more targets, this system gives guilds maestro.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Last edited by Yinikren; 12-31-2013 at 03:32 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

It's the only proposal with a spreadsheet so far. Pretty sure that is an auto-win
Old 12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the system, but it needs to be weighted. If every mob is the same value, then all that happens is tmo and ibfe kill the same mobs each and every week and we end up right where we started. The mobs need to be weighted based on value so guilds have to choose what mobs they want.

If the object here is to spread mobs around and get more guilds after more targets, this system gives guilds maestro.
It "gives" nobody anything. It resets non vp mobs to a baseline of fairness in competition. It removes intrinsic advantage of raid guilds (camping poopsocking, bought alts). Nobody here deserves to be given anything.

Weighted system caters to casuals. Flat point system caters to nobody. A real compromise. Due to mechanics.. tracking and batphones will exist. A council makes the system malleable. No system should cater to one side.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the only proposal with a spreadsheet so far. Pretty sure that is an auto-win
Math is great! We hit the moon with math!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Math is great! We hit the moon with math!
And Duct Tape!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Triple post...make your own raid forum! Its far down the page.. for the tldr crowd

Old 12-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Kobold

I think that any point system would have to be weighted.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

raid forum can pull double duty as a black market account trading hub as well.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
raid forum can pull double duty as a black market account trading hub as well.
Wins for everyone!

Closed Thread