Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 08-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Aviak

My most fun duo as a druid probably dru/enc, easiest dru/necro, most effective for also grouping dru/clr. There is nothing like having a healer & secondary healer with great communication who know each other well for handling those bad pulls & other brown pants moments.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Magician / Healer.

I have 2 mages in their 20s that I used to boost friends playing healers by spam healing fire pets. I have another 52 mage that I leveled to farm with. Magician is not a very thrilling class to play, but it's very safe and very potent. Fire pets will carry you 1-33ish, then you have to get creative in duos to get to 39 and the next bad ass fire pet. In your mid 40s you'd have access to very cheap Burnt Wood Stave, which is a 333 dmg fire bolt clicky. After you get the nuke clicky your class becomes pet attack, spam clicky, get experience, resummon pet once it gets low health.

Mag / Dru has SoW, Harmony for out door pulls, root, snare, animal charm, regen, hp buffs, and track. 1-30 the mage carries this duo, 30-39 the druid, 39-49 the mage carries again, then 50-60 the druid can probably do better xp solo.

Mag / Shm has SoW, Regen, Slow (for the levels when you use earth pet + dots), HP buffs, healer with way to boost mana (Cannibalize line of spells), root, and shaman spirit pet. Shamans can get their epics without too much difficulty, and 50+ it gives a very nice mana free dot. Combined with jaundiced bone bracer mana free nuke spam with Earth pet tanking you can kill very efficiently.

Mag / Clr has root, indoor & outdoor aggro reduction radius spells, best heals and HP buffs, atone (memblur) eventually (combined with lull line of spells can be used to root, reduce aggro radius, mem blur as ghetto mez), very good undead nukes & fear. Mid 40s clerics get mana free clicky hp buff / 200hp heal from Donal's Vambraces.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:05 AM
Banned

monk/sham is great, also, necro/cleric
Old 08-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah but it's Druid + _____, since his friend already chose Druid as mentioned in the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easiest dru/necro
DOT stacking. For a drui conj spec root-rotter (what I role as) this is why I mentioned this combo. After all, spec is also a factor for the combo. With drui/drui I suggest one in alteration and the other either conj or evo. Conj for magic dot, evo for DD (and fire dot), alter for heals and roots. Groups probably alter/evo. But more often duo conj/alter. With necro I'd go with conj on the drui and alter on the nec. For nec, alter is the common choice anyway, though drui could add to that with any of the three specs and do fine, though alteration the lesser in the duo. There are some dots that won't stack, especially around lvl cap, but for the most part it's all good.

This has nothing to do with charms or kiting etc (meh to both imo) No real limitation of where you hunt as a duo only depending on your pull amounts (pref big mean singles, use harmony).
Last edited by Daywolf; 08-11-2014 at 10:04 AM..
Old 08-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Druid + Bard would work for swarm kiting. Bard kites, gets train down to about 70%, Druid comes in and casts PBAEs like Tremor/Earthquake.

Druid + Enchanter is fabulous. Enchanter solo is great in dungeons -at high levels, with a healer partner they are great in dungeons at all levels. When animals are present you have 2 charmed pets. When they aren't Druids can aggro kite with snare/flame lick, while a chanters charmed pet attacks from the back (especially great with a rogue mob)

Druid + Necro is great as well. For dungeons you're more limited to undead ones, but outdoor zones you can crush everything.

Druid + Cleric is quite a potent combo as well. Especially if the Druid is good at charming. I duoed high 40s to low 50s with my brother in kedge with this duo. Quite fast exp, very safe since you have 2 healers and 2 rooters. Cleric is great when duoing with a charming Druid since they can root the mob the pet is fighting and stun the charmed pet on breaks to prevent Druid interrupts, and split the mana use (so that Druid isn't using mana for all roots and heals, just charms and some roots)

I'd personally opt for Druid cleric if I were you. It requires your friend become comfortable with charming in order to be a useful means of duoing when no groups are present. At lower levels that combo is still great without charm. Like in unrest at 24-34/39. Wolf form + Harmony makes pulling unrest an ease, and cleric undead nukes + Druid DS/Regen/Nukes works great.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Necro + Necro = Win
Old 08-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Your best bet is convincing your friend to not play a druid. They're pretty awful, and there isn't anything unique they bring to the table.

Great Duo:

Cleric/Enchanter or Shaman/Monk

Good Duo:

Bard/Wizard or Rogue/Necromancer

If your friend really wont have fun playing one of these other 8 classes, roll an enchanter to play with him. Druids need the extra mana regen and you will be his ticket into groups that nobody wants a druid for.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Aviak

I like shaman/monk. As a shaman you really don't need that great of gear so you can put your money together for a good monk weapon. Once the shaman gets into haste/slow spells it doesn't take long for the monk to take care of business.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Druid goes with most things outdoors. Best duo with bard is another bard, sadly. If your friend wants to be a druid, I would do what they want cause they are new to the game and... ya... hard for people who have never played before. Druid can duo with anything with a little thought put into it.

With a melee, druid snares, animal fear, dot.
With a caster, kite and nuke.
Weakest would probably be a paladin because of low DPS and high tanky but the weak druid heals maybe make it hard?
Closed Thread