Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you transfer your Character from Blue to Red?
Yes 38 31.67%
No 82 68.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 02:34 PM
Kobold

I would do it because I'm extremely scared of starting on Red because I know there is some twinked out PK alts floating around out there that get their rocks off on corpse camping.

But that's really not the best solution for my angst, because this is a choice given for everyone. I'm only answering it as if I was the only person given the ability to copy a character.

Swish recently gave me a number of great reasons why he enjoy's Red, and they were all pretty convincing.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

If global chat was removed or the players had more purpose than trying to get a little yellow text than yes.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

I'd leave my Paladin on blue because that is where she is from ^^ Leveling on Red is a blast and the 'twink/ganking' fears are unfounded^^ Yes, there are twinks who enjoy pvping newbs, but they are few. There are only 2 regulars that I can think of. Beyond that you will run into alts who might accost you or your group while xp'ing or traveling, but it is a pvp server after all ^^ AND, the xp bonus more than mitigates any time 'lost' dealing with twinks. Once you reach 50+ the pvp picks up a bit and then more yet once you reach 56 and are in range to 60's, but that's part of the server ^^ if you reach 50+ and feel you are Insufficiently geared, then spend some time farming before finishing leveling. There are plenty of places to farm peaceably due to the thinner population.

I strongly encourage anyone who has voted yes in this poll and has reservations about leveling on red to give it a go ^^

Beyond the obvious reasons for rolling red (enjoy pvp/competition) there are MANY others! ^^
Old 10-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era'viss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would do it because I'm extremely scared of starting on Red because I know there is some twinked out PK alts floating around out there that get their rocks off on corpse camping.
The twinks dont really bother me in CB, etc. Its when the twinks have a pocket 50+ healers with them. Last 4-5 times I tried playing on red this was the case. People try to advertise the server and say "its different, come give it a try. We have free stuff!!" - then when people are getting camped trying to level new characters that turns into "gtfo fggt if you cant stand the heat"
Old 10-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfbat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The twinks dont really bother me in CB, etc. Its when the twinks have a pocket 50+ healers with them. Last 4-5 times I tried playing on red this was the case. People try to advertise the server and say "its different, come give it a try. We have free stuff!!" - then when people are getting camped trying to level new characters that turns into "gtfo fggt if you cant stand the heat"
I've never encountered that :/ but then I don't complain when I encounter pvp. I came to red for the Classic and have been most pleased ^^ PVP has grown on me though and I plan to become more active in it once I've finished gearing myself >:}

The most important thing to remember about red is that it is a pvp server. People are going to pvp whether you think it is fair or not unfortunately :/ The best thing you can do is to choose your battles. If you cannot win, then retreat or accept defeat. Sometimes retreat will not be possible the first round and you'll have to eat a death. No big deal, it's part of the game ^^

For PVP you are absolutely at a disadvantage when you are new, either by experience or by gear or by aptitude. You have to accept that you will get dusted multiple times before you even have a chance at winning. But again, griefing and even pvp isn't all that common while leveling. Surrounding yourself with groupmates (join TD!) and avoiding the golden path will all but eliminate exposure to any form of griefing whatsoever. Even if you decide to follow popular xp spots, you will out level any griefers in short order.

Success on Red is all about attitude. Shrug off losses as setbacks (minor ones at that!). Don't bother fighting wars you can't win or protesting injustices you are powerless to correct ^^
Old 10-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

TLDR: Grow as a person. Try red.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Everquest is hard enough already without the hassle of unpredictable humans trying to PK me. If I want PvP I'll play a different game.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

I have 1 toon I would transfer, I wouldnt transfer 100% of my toons though. Id play red a bit, but im not starting over with nothing again.

If blue gets were to ever be wiped, my EQ time is done.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If blue were to ever be wiped, my EQ time is done.
truth. its only trolls calling for this.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest is hard enough already without the hassle of unpredictable humans trying to PK me. If I want PvP I'll play a different game.
Yes, you choose not to grow. And that's okay.
Closed Thread