Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Aviak

Swish, dude, do something else. You have like 6 posts per day and that's a conservative number. I don't hate you or anything, but seriously dude... do something else!
Old 11-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ this

Seriously, is there some unwritten rule that mandated we have at least two new threads per day from a very pathetic red community begging for more people to come play in their shitbox with them? If it was that great, you'd have a larger community.

Besides, I hear Empire royally fucked any chances at balanced, meaningful pvp at the high end. Plenty of uncontested pixels and lopsided pvp roflstomping to be had! What fun!!!
The only thing empire roflstomps is tmo when they dont pay the loot they lease halls of testing for or what we call the *Cuck Bill*

Nobody who actually pvps begs blue players to consider red its empire/all the other weirdos who play red for uncontested camps or because they couldnt hack it on blue

Dont get me wrong i like free yellowtext on naive bluebies but fighting you guys is like kicking a retard in comparison its fun at first but eventually it gets boring
Old 11-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Orc

I like Swish. Keep updating your sigs, man!

I understand questioning an MMO PvE server. Someone, I think frag, was saying they didn't understand how the risk:reward made sense on a pvp server - the reward is that you can run around and do world pvp. World pvp is more of a reward because it is more of a human connection, more of an actual accomplishment because it affects another human's experience, unlike playing simply to get more items or see new spell effects. On a strictly pve server, the human interaction comes from just grouping, socializing, and working together to take down harder enemies - I get that, that's cool. Or it could be just the personal satisfaction of trying to get a new item or level and getting it.

But running around and having noticeable, real, influences on another human's experience through world pvp just gives more "heft" to the purpose of playing this/a game. It seems more purposeful. I think the OP was just sharing they had realized the eternal quest for more digital items and graphics was pretty pointless, and the only thing that mattered was a more human connection the pvp server could provide. Unless you're really down with grouping and feel like working together to take down big mobs is purposeful enough! I could understand that.

Didn't mean to start playing philosophyquest, forgive me.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

People just have different goals when it comes to gaming. I'm no stranger to pvp, I played on tallon and sullon zek on live and had a good time. I've also played games like war hammer online that had much more enjoyable and balanced pvp than Everquest.

Most people don't play on red because they just don't want that aspect of the game. Those that might like it under the right circumstances might simply not be keen on the poor quality and lack of balance regarding eq pvp. Player vs player content never was a strong suit for eq. Racial or evil/neutral/good pvp added a cool dynamic, but as it stand now it doesn't look like fun.

Trolling threads and posts won't win you new players, if anything it might turn them off.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

I deleted my blue characters before leaving for red 99. I was filled with promises of new found riches and glory. Come to red 99 they said, it will change your life they said.

Fast forward three months later and I am still sitting in a damp, dimly lit basement of my mothers house. Still never having the courage to walk outside and feel the warm, soft embrace of a girl - let alone the courage to converse with one.

Making the switch to red was a mistake.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you guys have your own forums?
I see this written a lot, but where does it say that this is a blue forum? It's in the "General Community" category. If General meant PvE Only, wouldn't that be the category that this forum and the other subforums were in?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see this written a lot, but where does it say that this is a blue forum? It's in the "General Community" category. If General meant PvE Only, wouldn't that be the category that this forum and the other subforums were in?
Don't be dense, there is a server chat and a pvp server chat.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Considering there are entirely separate sub forums for red trading, general, rants and flame ....

Yes these are blue forums; they are separate for a reason.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxerJ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like Swish. Keep updating your sigs, man!

I understand questioning an MMO PvE server. Someone, I think frag, was saying they didn't understand how the risk:reward made sense on a pvp server - the reward is that you can run around and do world pvp. World pvp is more of a reward because it is more of a human connection, more of an actual accomplishment because it affects another human's experience, unlike playing simply to get more items or see new spell effects. On a strictly pve server, the human interaction comes from just grouping, socializing, and working together to take down harder enemies - I get that, that's cool. Or it could be just the personal satisfaction of trying to get a new item or level and getting it.

But running around and having noticeable, real, influences on another human's experience through world pvp just gives more "heft" to the purpose of playing this/a game. It seems more purposeful. I think the OP was just sharing they had realized the eternal quest for more digital items and graphics was pretty pointless, and the only thing that mattered was a more human connection the pvp server could provide. Unless you're really down with grouping and feel like working together to take down big mobs is purposeful enough! I could understand that.

Didn't mean to start playing philosophyquest, forgive me.
This is a good post. I spent all my years on EQ live on a pve server, and came to P99 and didn't touch the pvp server when it launched because I'd only ever logged in on Rallos Zek etc when Verant/SOE were screwing around and only had the pvp servers up. It always interested me but I had pals on my own server so starting again seemed counter productive.

Dipped my foot in the water in the red pool in about 2012 and got a feel for it...and slowly it drew me in. Suddenly you're not just doing the same old grind with character #3/4/5/6... you're leveling but you're aware that pvp could happen at any minute, and depending where you're leveling it can happen a lot.

That's not a bad thing, that's adding an extra dimension to a pve game that can feel samey after so long.

Sure, there's people on the server that have been "red" since 1999/2000 and nobody is expecting any new player to take them out. I've been killed by the veterans a number of times over the years I've been there but the crucial thing is that you learn the mechanics for what you should have done, or could have done better....and you become a better player for it.

I think too many people get into the 20s there, get steamrolled by a fungi twink (there's no shame in running, or switching zones) and quit because they just wanted to level peacefully.... there's places to do that, but the well trodden blue leveling zones will get some action a lot. If you carry some pumice, the twink will likely go away after 4-5 of those from you or your group...buffless he's not the invincible killing machine you think he is.

PvP avoidance is a bad thing. The more you die, the more you learn, the better you become and the more you get out of it. Engage in pvp with some pals, organize a mini event with them somewhere just to practice. If you don't like your class, don't play it... its not like EQ doesn't have plenty of others to choose from.

I think too many blue players are quite lazy...

The thought of farming your own gear? *scoff*
The thought of leveling in Droga/Kaesora over CoM? *psssh*
The thought of putting some effort into learning something new? *yikes*

Get out of your comfort zone. There's help on hand for those that need it, you just need to ask the right people.

The hypocrisy of some of the anti-red posters is the worst thing. Most haven't tried it but will bandwagon with someone else who hasn't tried it that claimed something really bad happened to them.

So next time you're at server select or can't decide which of your 10 characters you want to play on blue.... give it some thought.

Thanks for reading <3

Swish

Old 11-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish, dude, do something else. You have like 6 posts per day and that's a conservative number. I don't hate you or anything, but seriously dude... do something else!
Is that all? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering there are entirely separate sub forums for red trading, general, rants and flame ....

Yes these are blue forums; they are separate for a reason.

Also what would be the point of asking for new players on the red forums? Preaching to the choir etc.
Closed Thread