Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Banned

Ive recently started drinking more espresso drinks, and after each cup of it i feel FANTASTIC where as with coffee I feel a little bloated or uncomfortable.

I might also recommend an espresso related gift, in order to encourage him to check out those types of coffee drinks
Old 12-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

IMO it's more about making it and less about the beans. Bought one of these Bialetti espresso stove top things and never went back.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

^^I like the look of that, Tann.

So, I'm loving the responses so far. Thanks guys. Gotta go look up a few things based on your posts.

I'll never understand people who take their coffee black. It's so bitter (acidic?). I think that's the best way to describe it. But then again, I can count on one hand how many cups of coffee I've had in the past year.

My favorite thing about coffee is the way it smells while brewing.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^I like the look of that, Tann.

So, I'm loving the responses so far. Thanks guys. Gotta go look up a few things based on your posts.

I'll never understand people who take their coffee black. It's so bitter (acidic?). I think that's the best way to describe it. But then again, I can count on one hand how many cups of coffee I've had in the past year.

My favorite thing about coffee is the way it smells while brewing.
Try a gibralter at a semi fancy coffee shop, its got a teeeny amount of milk in it.. great for gettign you out of the milk prison and into the freedom of black coffee!

I too used to drink my coffee with so much shit in it, i would tell people I like my coffee like I like my wedding cakes, rich as fuck.

but now im about half black, half cake flavored coffee drinker.

and i feel better after drinking the black coffee than I do the sugar & cream filled stuff I should add.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO it's more about making it and less about the beans. Bought one of these Bialetti espresso stove top things and never went back.

I love mine, reasonably priced also.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love mine, reasonably priced also.
I want to get one just to fucking figure out how the fuck they work

everyone I seen at like a thrift store or estate sale I look at, and cant comprehend what the fuck it does or how it works at all.. its such a madcapped contraption.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

The only reason people prefer a more automated process compared to the french press is because they either don't know how to use a french press / specific coffee bean recipe properly to their liking or they're too lazy.
This isn't ur starbucks coffee where they add lots of flavoring and other shit to it. This is a simple classic cup of coffee that taste great and doesn't contain any other additives.
My vote is for french press through and through,. sure a classic Saturday morning coffee machine with a timer is nice to wake up to. But if you have class and a sense of taste french press is the way to go.

If you had to add flavoring to a cup of coffee wouldn't you prefer adding it to an already great cup of coffee?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason people prefer a more automated process compared to the french press is because they either don't know how to use a french press / specific coffee bean recipe properly to their liking or they're too lazy.
This isn't ur starbucks coffee where they add lots of flavoring and other shit to it. This is a simple classic cup of coffee that taste great and doesn't contain any other additives.
My vote is for french press through and through,. sure a classic Saturday morning coffee machine with a timer is nice to wake up to. But if you have class and a sense of taste french press is the way to go.

If you had to add flavoring to a cup of coffee wouldn't you prefer adding it to an already great cup of coffee?
I used to french press, but I prefer a single poor method to it.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All he has right now is the coffee maker.
has all he needs, maybe wear something nice for a change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

merry christmas
Last edited by Fame; 12-09-2015 at 06:30 PM..
Old 12-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/ is the best coffee in the universe!
we drink this every day where I work, hehehehe

ex-Hardcore coffee drinker here (i cant tolerate caffeine anymore, my doctor prescribes me better and i dont get fits of nerd rage in the afternoon after a dose). Objectively the best most superior and most attractive coffee machine = chemex with a related water-boiler kitchentop appliance for both coffee and tea.

Best coffee grinder: a simple electric jobby. A hand grinder seems unnecessarily regressionary, but it could make sense if the person drinks a lot of coffee while camping or something. My dad has one like this and it's stupidly big and complicated IMO. Just get one of the little guys.

Always buy the beans and grind 'em.

Stumptown has clout over and above its actual level of quality. I think it would make one of the best gift brews, especially to someone who doesn't live in PNW, cause they'll look it up and see that it's hyped to the heavens by people who wear scarves. It's not actually that good, but I think it is one of the more reliably decent brands.

The best coffee I ever got was bulk beans from a whole foods in New Orleans actually. One time I met Samuel L Jackson while we were both shopping for coffee beans there, what a night.
Last edited by James_Joyce; 12-09-2015 at 07:02 PM..
Closed Thread