Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Skeleton

In 1999 up till 03ish , that is spot on to how it worked... I was there, and parsing , thanks tho!
Last edited by Shaggy; 01-20-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DW being a "proc" off your main hand is how the game used to work till around PoP.

Back then, a very fast wep in main, and a slow high dmg in offhand was the way to go.

Dmg bonus is based off your lvl for 1h weps... So all 1h weps will be the same dmg bonus for you.. At least , that's how its always worked on live.
I thought thats the way it worked, back in the day, but couldn't find any information about it being that way. I swore I remembered it being widely accepted though.

As far as the wurmslayer example, I believe what may have been happening is a proc off a main hand swing triggers the Dual Wield, then an offhand double attack would cause two swings.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

How do you explain all the dual weilders with wurmslayer + a fast weapon who saw more than 1 offhand swing between mainhand swings?

How do you explain people putting a lightstone in their mainhand so it won't swing but still getting swings in their offhand?

[From 2001] "Off hand swings are on an independant timer not on the same on as your primary. To try it give a high level warrior a fast weapon for off hand and a really slow one for primary. Every so often he will end up swinging the off hand weapon a couple times in between primary swings."

[From 2002]: "Yup. I'm still amazed that this rumor is hanging around. How often your Secondary weapon swings has NOTHING to do with your Primary's delay. Do a test yourself if you really want to. Used to use a Wurmslayer/Lupine Dagger, and I can tell you without a doubt that the Lupine was frequently getting in twice as many hits as the Wurmslayer (and yes, I took Double Attack into account, had Misses turned on). "

Finally, I was playing at that time, too, and as a bard, I used a crystallized sword (11/38) and a dragoon dirk for a long time, and I distinctly remember seeing two pierces in between slashing attacks (I never turned off misses) many times. And this was early in the game's existence, too, definitely before 2003.

I think it was just a popular rumor.

EDIT: from monkly business, in Jan 2002:

Double Attack Percentage = (Skill Level plus Level ) / 500

Dual Wield Percentage = [ ( (Level * 7 plus 5) plus Level ) / 400 ] (DW caps at 252 so max DW Percentage is .63)

Damage Bonus (Primary Hand only) = ( Level - 25 ) / 3

Primary Modal = ( Weapon Damage * 2 ) Damage Bonus

Primary Hand Comparable Modal = Primary Modal / Weapon Delay

Off Hand Comparable Modal = Primary Modal / Weapon Delay * Dual Wield Percentage

More proof that offhand was independent of primary hand early in the game's history
Last edited by Pescador; 01-20-2011 at 11:09 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 1999 up till 03ish , that is spot on to how it worked... I was there, and parsing , thanks tho!
Your parser was terrible.

lol wut
Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damage bonus is not currently implemented.
What? Where are you getting this? Last time I checked, my shaman was doing a lot more than 2x his weapon damage per hit. Is this a recent bug or something?
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

I think he means there is no distinct dmg bonus for the mainhand weapon.

I can confirm this, because my rapier hits for 32 in my mainhand or my offhand, so currently you should always put the best ratio in your main hand.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Prime example of how people SWORE to their death bed on how things work. Read the Kunark Strategy Guide. Same type of people who say that dual wield is tied to main hand.

One thing I WILL say though, is that dual wield on this server is partway broken. As a warrior, I've taken a weapon out of my main hand, and left one in my offhand and my offhand will NOT swing no matter how long I attack for. On this server, you HAVE to have a weapon in the main hand, for your offhand to swing (monks are excluded in this for some reason). So I will NEVER get 3 or 4 punches in one round of attacks, only 2 (double attack).

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Last edited by Gorgetrapper; 01-21-2011 at 01:15 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he means there is no distinct dmg bonus for the mainhand weapon.

I can confirm this, because my rapier hits for 32 in my mainhand or my offhand, so currently you should always put the best ratio in your main hand.
If the damage bonus is applied to both weapons by reason of a bug, that's NOT incentive to put the best ratio in your main hand; that's incentive to put the lowest delay in your main hand and the next-lowest in your off hand (roughly; obviously there's a trade-off, but the point is that damage bonuses make low delay favorable even if ratio is worse, whereas the lack of damage bonuses makes ratio the most important thing).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

yeah, i guess the best way to word it would be "best ratio after including damage bonus in your main hand"

aka, whatever puts out the most dps after dmg bonus, put it in your main hand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and if the ratios are similar that'll definitely be the lower delay weapon.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Skeleton

Shrug , i parsed on a war up till a month or so after kunark when i droped the war and started a necro. I would never see a swing in off hand with a fishing pole or lightstone in hand , i would never get a hit without the main.. So , take it as you will heh.
Closed Thread