Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And to add insult to injury, all those bards are caster twinks, and probably wearing FBSS's.
They have full Lambent to make sure that each and every mob in the swarm gets a whack at them before they go under.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a necromancer. You should be soloing in a dungeon and taking advantage of the increased EXP, not complaining about how you might have to choose a different shitty outdoor zone to level in.
Dunno, leveling every hour and a half-two hours on my necro in OT wasn't too shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Kobold

I leveled my rogue from 30-40 in OT and it was amazing. If you can get a group there it is definitely worth the trip. Especially near the lake/pit area.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

OT was made for bards. Casters dont exist, 3/4 of the population runs at the same speed and has the same hitbox, and the mob density makes pulling some MASSIVE kites possible. It is quite literally the BEST place for a bard to park himself for L20-46. There is always at least one bard in that level range, so don't expect to see a whole lot untagged in that zone.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Kobold

Perhaps I will try some indoor zones then.
I know necro is way better indoors than druids, wizards and bards, but have always considered them somewhat more suited to outdoor by making use of fear kiting. (which I suppose is possible in some indoor places...perhaps)

I suspect I can kill more mobs per hour outdoors, but as has been pointed out, zem might change the equation.

Food for thought anyway, thankyou.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Kobold

I remember having no problems grouping in OT as a paladin on live, the zone was always crowded with people.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember having no problems grouping in OT as a paladin on live, the zone was always crowded with people.
Yes, but you probably didn't have bards kiting 50+ mobs at a time on live. Here, it has proven to be some of the fastest leveling in the game.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Kobold

I went from 30-35+ easy in OT. I solo'd and I grouped plenty as a necro =). I would also venture to WW and do the Giant fort. Very easy fear kitting there, single pulls and the occasional forest loop. Sometimes the fort is fully camped but in most cases I was able to peel off 3-4 Giants from the gate which was plenty for medding
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

you don't need lull to camp the drolvargs in FV, it's great xp, much better than OT.

cheers
Old 07-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overthere is like Oasis #2; a zone so bland and unrewarding it's amazing, yet for whatever reason people insist to cluster there for groups.
Bland, sure, but solo-wise I always loved the Overthere; I'd usually get burnt out after a while and go somewhere else, but I'd always come back to OT because the xp is just so damned nice.

And actually, with the complex sky on during a sunset or sunrise, OT can be a gorgeous zone to burn levels in. I remember back when I was farming XP potions, the OT was so nice and serene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]