Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

EQTraders identifies Enchant Mithril as requiring a blue diamond as a component in this February 23, 2001 snapshot for "Enchanted Elven chainmail"

http://web.archive.org/web/200102231...g_high_elf.htm

Quote:
(large mithril bricks are enchanted using the level 49 enchant mithril spell. This eats a rare drop blue diamond as it's material component. The enchanted bricks are then formed into mithril rings using the recipe provided above)
http://web.archive.org/web/200102041...s/darkelf.html
February 4, 2001 snapshot from EQTraders

Enchanted adamantite requires blue diamond as part of enchant adamantite

Quote:
enchanted adamantite chain requires, enchanted adamantite. The enchanter must enchant the bricks before you forge them into rings (This spell eats a rare drop blue diamond as it's material component)

Trivial: imbued arms >185
http://web.archive.org/web/200104121...hing_human.htm
April 12, 2001 snapshot of EQTrader Human cultural armor
Quote:
(Note: enchanted large bricks of HQ ore are made using the level 49 enchant steel spell. It eats a rare drop jacinth as it's material component. The enchanted large bricks are then formed into various enchanted rings, folded sheets, etc. as listed below)
Last edited by Ele; 07-19-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

All of a sudden the oddly overpowered Elven cultural armor makes sense.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Project Manager

Will nerf this when I get time..

Obvious question is: what to do with all the existing cultural armor, if anything?
Old 07-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Rename it and make it statless like with BD gear, then setup custom combines requiring the statless pieces and the constituent gems!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rename it and make it statless like with BD gear, then setup custom combines requiring the statless pieces and the constituent gems!
^^^^
Old 07-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That...actually makes sense.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Although one could argue that the immense amount of money people paid to get the armor "as is" would be inline with how much it would cost post-Blue Diamond requirement.

Now that I don't know what to do about.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will nerf this when I get time..

Obvious question is: what to do with all the existing cultural armor, if anything?
I thought about this awhile ago the only solution I could come up with would be to reimburse every piece of armor on the server with the components it took to do the combine (Minus the gem of course).

This way if you still wanted the cultural armor piece you would have all components and just require the gem. I'm sure some of the assholes of the server would charge you to perform the combine though. Perhaps implement an NPC in EC for a limited amount of time that would take all of the components and the gem to reward you with the item combine.

Jeremy's idea is pretty good too, make the cultural armor statless for a limited time and then implement an NPC in EC that will give you the stat armor for that plus the gem. After awhile just empty the statless armor from the database.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So making a set of DE cultural should require 10 blue diamonds or what not? No wonder they took that out.
actually a lot more than 10. its one blue diamond PER enchant. so add it up. takes 3 enchanted blocks to make one enchanted sheet. 3 enchanted sheets to make a BP. also needs the chain jointing which needs another enchanted block. so TEN blue diamonds for the Breastplate ALONE
Old 07-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

If you go with the statless solution, be sure to make it non-wearable.

Wasn't one of the big draws of it on live that it looked way different, and that it gave a lot of prestige? Must enforce classic fashion choices.
Closed Thread