Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

just because your son has ADD doesn't mean everyones does
Old 10-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeakus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were boxing, no 7 year old's attention span is more than 10-15 min. max on Everquest.
Umm, at 7 years old, I had already beaten Final Fantasy I at least three times, and I used to go through Castlevania I, II, and III in one sitting. Final Fantasy had its grind moments that would last hours (e.g. grinding gold pieces from Kyzoku to fund four silver swords for my fighters).

10-15 minute attention span?? Medication's in order.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Final Fantasy had its grind moments that would last hours (e.g. grinding gold pieces from Kyzoku
i remember doing this exact same thing for hours straight to buy swords and spells at the elf town and i was definitely younger than 10 years old.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrrinth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it seems you are of the opinion that in this instance, there's no way the GM in question could have made a mistake....

Regardless of your answer I will repeat that "incentive" doesn't play a role. No one is saying she banned an innocent person on purpose. It was likely either a ban that was done with irrefutable evidence or it was a ban done with evidence that, if examined, would be iffy at best - a ban hammer mistakenly thrown.

IF it was a mistake, at this point it is also likely she is not going to go back and examine the evidence. Like so many others that are often proven wrong, it's easier to deny and dig your heals in defending your stance then it is to actually step back, listen, and admit a mistake was made. Happens ALL the time, in every aspect of life, which is also why I said to Froog that regardless of whether he is guilty or not, it's probably best to stop wasting his energy on this and move on.
You lost me in the rhetoric. Are you literally asking for my thoughts or just toying with me because you already have your mind made up? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lets get real here: Anything is possible. Could the GM have made a mistake? I don't know, is it possible to pass-out and drown in a bowl of soup?

I had more here with my reasoning but realized I just don't care. If she didn't cheat maybe she can teach her son to avoid running from GM's in the future or how to use /t.
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-19-2011 at 03:11 PM..
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeakus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have an 8 year old son and I call bullshit on this story. You were boxing, no 7 year old's attention span is more than 10-15 min. max on Everquest. Now if you changed your story to 10-12 year old... maybe but still unlikely.
I played when I was 11, as have a few other people who I know, and also others that I've met on this server. 7 seems a bit young I guess, but by 9 or 10, nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, this is prob a good solution. Drug 'em up... Although I agree with you, and I was the same.. My first NES game was FF1 actually and I was around 6 or 7 also. But because I child can't sit down and play the same games now doesn't mean he needs meds :|
Old 10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But because I child can't sit down and play the same games now doesn't mean he needs meds :|
I just said "meds" because I didn't want to repeat the ADHD comments [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Banned

As for the people debating the 7 year old playing EQ shit..

I started playing this game when I was 7. I was able to keep up with my 16 year old brother in levels on my wood elf warrior, but for some reason when I was level 23 I decided to delete him and remake another character.

When I was 8 I got my own account, and over the following year or two I managed to level a bard to 58, twisting my entire way there. I was even able to complete my epic quest except for the Trakanon kill. EverQuest is not a hard game for a little kid to play.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
not everyone's kid has a neurological disorder like ADHD.

just because your son has ADD doesn't mean everyones does

damn where'd all you bros get your ph.d to qualify for you to diagnose someone with ADHD or prescribe medication? especially with such limited info?? i want to go to that school for sure.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn where'd all you bros get your ph.d to qualify for you to diagnose someone with ADHD or prescribe medication? especially with such limited info?? i want to go to that school for sure.
I got mine from the interwebz, where everything is serious business.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had a longer attention span than 15 minutes when i was 7 years old. i don't need a phd to tell you that much.
Closed Thread