Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snizatcher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh come on.. My use of the definition was comical. Yours is just defensive and not nearly as giggle inducing.

I'm obviously kidding. But, the fact that it said "a professional boxer" was too perfect to pass up.
Don't mind Alarti, he's the guy at the party that hovers outside conversations and says, "Actually...".
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snizatcher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh come on.. My use of the definition was comical. Yours is just defensive and not nearly as giggle inducing.

I'm obviously kidding. But, the fact that it said "a professional boxer" was too perfect to pass up.
I hold that my definition was chuckle inducing which is far superior to giggling or even snickering.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eliminate the stupid fucking rules and just let anything go in VP. Less headache, more fun.
^removing the "no-rules" status from VP was something that nilbog wanted us to at least try. Was pushing for it for a while, and we finally decided to change it after the raid talks. It is entirely possible to get clean pulls in VP, but I'd still prefer no rules at all simply because it's less headaches for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozens of people
traktouch not training!
One of the first actual rule changes/clarifications I did/was involved with after becoming a Guide was to sit down with Sirken and decide Traktouch trains would be treated just like trains. We told all the senior officers for TMO, FE, and IB about this to ensure all major Trak competing guilds new what was expeccted.

One officer complained that they would no longer be able to tag trakanon quite as early/recklessly with those tiny pull/stall squads everyone used to love, because if they ended up with a bad set of luck and traktouch trained another raid, they'd get hammered. I remember it very clearly because our response amounted to "then dont pull until you're really fuckin sure your raid is ready to go and logged in behind you, because if you try a premature pull and your one aggro guy gets trak'd and trains GuildB, you'll get a guild suspension.

So yeah. This shouldn't have been a surprise. It was a pretty big deal at the time and should have been remembered.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't mind Alarti, he's the guy at the party that hovers outside conversations and says, "Actually...".
Ravager you are just no fun....Actually.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Derubael/Sirken, what will be the outcome from the actions yesterday? Should the server expect no raid mobs for a while? Should class C expect no VP pops or suspended? Should the entire server be ready for no raid mobs in velious?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't spend time manipulating aggro of mobs to add them to another guilds pull.
Yeah this game sure can be a time sink!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One of the first actual rule changes/clarifications I did after becoming a Guide was to sit down with Sirken and decide Traktouch trains would be treated just like trains. We told all the senior officers for TMO, FE, and IB about this to ensure all major Trak competing guilds new what was expeccted.

One officer complained that they would no longer be able to tag trakanon quite as early/recklessly with those tiny pull/stall squads everyone used to love, because if they ended up with a bad set of luck and traktouch trained another raid, they'd get hammered. I remember it very clearly because our response amounted to "then dont pull until you're really fuckin sure your raid is ready to go and logged in behind you, because if you try a premature pull and your one aggro guy gets trak'd and trains GuildB, you'll get a guild suspension.
Why? Can you also link to this rule?
Old 11-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask how many times something I did got petitioned. My whistle is clean sir. Ask any of my guildies. I always say "We have to bow out of this mob" at the slightest hint something we did was wrong. I don't bend rules to get a competitive edge. I don't spend time manipulating aggro of mobs to add them to another guilds pull. That is what makes this crap become a headache. We see where they do it and we because of our guild tag...Get a finger pointed at us.
You need to understand you're not the only one on your team. I haven't had many interactions with TMO or IB since the rotation. But before it, I have some pretty shitty memories of doing vox and having a raid force ready to engage and being trained by a female monk over and over to give TMO time to get more people into Perma. She even had the nerve to explain how proud she was of her actions. She was given a much deserved short vacation. That is a reflection on her. However, it is the thought that she was proud of what she was doing because it was helping her guilds chances that rubbed me the wrong way. I had never experienced that kind of shit before. No one is faultless or special here. However, now it only really happens between C guilds or at FFA targets. That means there is one common denominator in each of these equations that I will let you figure out.

That is what Chest keeps trying to stress. Not that there is some evil empire or some grand conspiracy, that's Anthrax's job. The shit we all complain about, even TMO and IB comes from the toxic nature of FFA targets. How that makes him crazy or hypocritical I will never understand.

Everytime IB or TMO petitions or fraps the other guild training or doing something "against the rules" and complains about it, you are further proving his point. Not your own.

The red guys are 100% right. This isn't a problem on red because there are inherent mechanics that just don't allow for this to happen. It doesn't fix the problem of having one PvE guild dominating the server for a long time (nihilum) so that servers mechanics are far from perfect.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say one thing though. The fact that Deru and Sirken conduct most of their business on Skype should really worry you about the fair application of rules on the server.
I'll agree with this one, but also laugh since Sirkedawg and Derupal always bitched about you crying to them all the time on skype.I think the other mass offended at this was Sloan. Nothing CSR wise should be handled over skype and only through petitions unless the two parties involved decide to talk to the GM involved together on skype. Has always been my stance.

Good call Alarti.
Closed Thread