Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

People ripping on the SZ community who never played SZ gets pretty old. People seem to think that because Sirken is of this opinion that it must be correct.

The ruleset, specifically the ability to train, was what caused all the issues. Enable that ability on any PVP (or even non PVP) server ever created on live or emu and you'll have identical results.

The people were no better or worse than VZ, TZ, VZTZ, RZ, Zek etc. In fact there was a huge overlap among all of these servers.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People ripping on the SZ community who never played SZ gets pretty old. People seem to think that because Sirken is of this opinion that it must be correct.

The ruleset, specifically the ability to train, was what caused all the issues. Enable that ability on any PVP (or even non PVP) server ever created on live or emu and you'll have identical results.

The people were no better or worse than VZ, TZ, VZTZ, RZ, Zek etc. In fact there was a huge overlap among all of these servers.
this isn't 1999 and SZ wasn't the best server, though it was a unique buttercup, got to agree with kergan, also kergan your taking Aenor's TLDR 2 serious he's not ripping SZ for what it was, he's saying he doesn't want an SZ like experience.

And I agree with Aenor also.
<<<< update
Last edited by runlvlzero; 01-02-2014 at 12:34 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why did u put comma after "Thanks"?

Also didnt read op
It's an implied pause, read it like Thanks (Big smile), speech...
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Banned

I didn't read it, but It def sounds like you get a lot of pussy.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isn't 1999 and SZ wasn't the best server, though it was a unique buttercup, got to agree with kergan, also kergan your taking Aenor's TLDR 2 serious he's not ripping SZ for what it was, he's saying he doesn't want an SZ like experience.

And I agree with Aenor also.
<<<< update
"To simply hard code the three factions into teams would be to fall into the same trap that produced Sullon Zek and all the toxic player behavior described by Sirken in my sig quote."

I dunno. He specifically said SZ and referenced a quote from Sirken that directly referred to the SZ community. I think I was in line with my comments.

I just think soft coded teams would be different then now how? What's the point?
Old 01-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Banned

The point is to create a more heterogeneous top end for each team. Not to enforce a strict playstyle IMO.

Right now its homogenous as hell. Over 50% of the server is in 1 of 2 guilds that have no positive interaction with each other.

If people can X-team they won't all roll on the same team, and they will benefit their own teams even if at 60 they work against competing guilds on their own teams.

IDK I can really see where Aenor is going with this. It's a solid concept.

What he is saying is not condemning SZ, it's condemning falling into a rosy eyed nostalgic trap for a rules set that wasn't overly popular, though had a die hard cult following.

Sirken praised SZ and that was his server, I've heard him say it before. But he doesn't want to make a repeat of it. He want's do do better. Go above and beyond. Not just recreate the past when it comes to PvP rules sets.

This I agree. The only good classic rules set was RZ, item loot, +/-4 levels, classic resists. We'll never see that on this project for whatever reason.

Let's create a good teams environment that will thrive. Not recreate hardcore griefmatch (deathmatch) v.2.0

Again I'm not putting words into Aenors mouth, I've seen him bash and troll. It appears he's trying to be legit with this and not just flame SZ'ers. The wording is not overly negative and rant like IMO.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 01-02-2014 at 01:12 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aenor still thinks he is getting a teams server

lol what a newb
Old 01-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

sz was def the harshest pvp server, most subhumans couldn't handle it tho
Old 01-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Banned

I'de rather be perpetually trapped on SZ than any normal reality any day of the week though.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

i want to know if Tipp from VZ playes here
Closed Thread