Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a guildwar under this system?
I enjoy PvP and would like this system. 126 64.29%
I enjoy PvP but I don't like this system. 14 7.14%
I don't like PvP. 56 28.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dukat, i'm sure there would be strict PVP guilds made for just this. also the server wide message's would become a wall of text with the way i see high level players chomping at the bit for PVP. having played on AO and there being announcments as to who killed who if you where in a guild, when 2 guilds fought you it was insane the amount of text you would get.
Hmmm you're right on both points. I'm just kinda sad because no ones raids will ever be at risk.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Kobold

i figure for the most part the people making the strictly PVP guilds are going to be the people who do the most raiding. they would probably just say F it and stay in the PVP guild to raid, they may even do that just to keep everything interesting. also, do we actually have regular PK players?
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Aviak

This is awesome, thanks Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

the implementation of a /guildwar function doesn't hinge on the fact that it'll definitely be used by the top raiding guilds. I can tell you that a month or so ago we were praying for a guildwar function. Right now there's not a huge need for it. The fact that it's AVAILABLE just opens up a new option.

but uuuuuh!

I think the initiation should be leader to leader, or at least to officer. This (1) implies forethought and planning and (2) keeps an obnoxious leader from spamming /guildwar whenever he sees any member of the guild. Ending it can still be any member.

Rewards? I agree with someone above - just winning is a reward. Moreso, I specifically don't want to see a leaderboard or anything. That's not what the game's about, especially since (and also since it's not what the game's about) pvp is so horribly unbalanced.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Kobold

Last I checked, melee combat was still useless vs. any PC character and spell resists are broken. I like PvP but not with broken mechanics.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

Can we pickpocket people we're at war with?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

I like the idea of this, will give some other focus to the people competing over the limited spawns.

A bunch of the stuff people are suggesting doesn't sound like it would adhere to the classic spirit of the server (dyes, armour, titles etc.) I also think there should be mechanics in place to limit the griefing of other players. I for one wouldn't want to have to wait for someone to get bored of camping my corpse for 6 hours before i could loot it.

Not sure whether I'll be using this, but i like the idea of it. It will be entertaining to watch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Aviak

Like I said in a related thread:

PvP belongs on a PvP server.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said in a related thread:

PvP belongs on a PvP server.
Yeah, but you've got to appreciate that this server is limited in its content. Getting a pvp system in place that works would add to the appeal. Raiding the same targets over again and again gets old fairly fast.

and EQ always had pvp, just alot of its aspects put players off most of the time. I think this server could benefit from it.

I enchant things...
Old 09-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Aviak

Yes, EQ had PvP... on the red (Zek) servers.
Closed Thread