Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Best part is they make you go to these job coubselors, who are recovering addicts or felons themselves. Lol
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 06-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah welfare recipients and unemployment recipients should be drug tested
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I live in the hood right now. At one point, I was a property manager for a public housing building. I volunteer as a tutor (mostly math and writing) teaching urban youth (mostly black, lots of latino). I interact with people living in poverty every single day.

$900 per month to feed six people works out to $30 per day, or $5 per person. They don't give her an envelope with cash, it goes onto her SNAP card and she can withdraw it like a debit card. The minimum benefit on food assistance is $16, not $100, but most food shelves don't have any requirements.

This is America. We are rich as shit. No one should go hungry, not even if their parents are complete fuckups.
See, your argument was sound till "This is America. We are rich as shit. No one should go hungry, not even if their parents are complete fuckups". Hunger is a great motivator and as I have found in my own life in my past, It is a hell of a lot better to wash dishes at some restaurant for minimum wage than to starve to death ....
Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hunger is a great motivator and as I have found in my own life in my past, It is a hell of a lot better to wash dishes at some restaurant for minimum wage than to starve to death ....
That time you starved to death sounds like hell.

Seriously though, I like your plan. Hungry kids should be forced into menial labor like washing dishes because and that way they'll be motivated to eat. The fact their poor nutrition lends itself to the developmental stagnance most often seen in dishwashers is just a happy circumstance.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, your argument was sound till "This is America. We are rich as shit. No one should go hungry, not even if their parents are complete fuckups". Hunger is a great motivator and as I have found in my own life in my past, It is a hell of a lot better to wash dishes at some restaurant for minimum wage than to starve to death ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That time you starved to death sounds like hell.

Seriously though, I like your plan. Hungry kids should be forced into menial labor like washing dishes because and that way they'll be motivated to eat. The fact their poor nutrition lends itself to the developmental stagnance most often seen in dishwashers is just a happy circumstance.
Better regulation of the welfare system would be supreme. It'd keep the able bodies adults at work and the starving kids with the support they need. It's a workable system that just happens to be damaged, it can be repaired.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

If people don't want to work feed them to hungry kids imo.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Banned

System isn't really broken for I don't have to work for my food when I buy steak with my food stamp card.

You mad broz

Jelly
Old 06-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by K|mm Barely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Careful Harry, dont piss off Kimm, he'll come beat your ass in real life
Old 06-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison'sNewName [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol he's made the threat already, and trust me, I'm not scared in the least after seeing that kid's pictures
implies you would be scared of anonymous internet threats on elfjournal absent sufficient evidence to dispel fear
Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I think you're not clear on how development works. If someone is stressed, especially in the womb or as an infant, they are fucked for life. Not only that, if it's a woman, their kids are fucked, too. What looks like lazy is frequently brain damage.
Closed Thread