Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Kobold

How did this melee problem even make it past beta?

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytewind TP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give my personal opinion of this....

When I started beta here, a very large majority of the other beta "testers" just wanted to be insta-50'd and given uber gear to play. The GMs and Devs, being the nice people that they are, complied.

From what I experienced, not many people actually "tested" the server and submitted bug reports, a lot of people just played the high-end part of the game. I was very surprised when I started from level 1 and so much was still broken in Freeport and the surrounding newbie areas.

And multiple times I saw people complain about a bug in ooc, and when people like myself suggested that they post the bug on the forums, they would state they didn't care that much, or didn't have time to submit it.

So, the bottom line is....I agree, melee looks broken......But go easy on the devs here, they did not have much help in beta.
Last edited by Deathrydar; 10-29-2009 at 12:53 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

This problem is not caused by low agility/overweight issues. Those two features are in and working perfectly (encumbered people losing agility, agility dropping under 75 causing massive AC loss). The problem this thread describes involves melee characters taking excessive damage relative to 'classic' when at proper fighting weight.

Endurance is still an issue too, though probably more straightforward to fix.

Danth
Old 10-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Aviak

Hey all, this melee issue is also affecting priest classes imo. I play a cleric and am always out of mana all the time due to the mobs always hitting issues.

I think it is safe to say that something is off when the majority of the upper lvls on this server are pretty much all casters and very few tanks. It makes grouping very difficult because there are only so many to go around right now.

Basically what you have to do right now is over compensate for DPS to burn the mobs down because our tanks don't last long in fights.

I am glad that we have a server that does give us an overall classic experience, but there really is something wrong here. When you have multiple people saying there is and the demographics to show it as well, it might be something to look into.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Developer

Question to the Devs:

Are we looking at something here? Is the mitigation and avoidance based on the base EQEmu code? Would you like assistance from capable people in looking at this? I know I have a computer already set up with the latest EQEmu code, and can look at what is going on at the lower AC levels in some classic zones.

Just offering to help with issue if input or assistance would be acceptable.

Haynar
Old 10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Orc

After doing Lord/AM/Frenzy last night for a while and all of the accompanying trash, I've noticed that avoidance is extremely low, and max damage is still fairly common. This is at about 850 buffed AC and level 50.

This isn't just at higher levels either, leading me to believe that it's a scaling issue starting from Level 1. Also, not to nerf mages or anything, but those 49 earth pets are ridiculously good. They out-damage and out-tank by a large margin, and can just be re-summoned. I can't comment on the 49 necro pet yet, since we don't have any at this time.

Something needs to be altered here, there's no question.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question to the Devs:

Are we looking at something here? Is the mitigation and avoidance based on the base EQEmu code? Would you like assistance from capable people in looking at this? I know I have a computer already set up with the latest EQEmu code, and can look at what is going on at the lower AC levels in some classic zones.

Just offering to help with issue if input or assistance would be acceptable.

Haynar
Combat stuff is strictly based off Emu code. I double checked the values in rules values vs the current PEQ and there are no differences in the defense side of things.

Quote:
No one mentioned it. and there were several people that tested 1-50, problem was they were mainly casters. Wiz and druid I believe.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well this is better than your old "This is EQEMU's fault. Not ours". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the condescending remarks, they are appreciated. Now, blow it out your ass.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Developer

I can confirm that it works exactly like EQEmu.

If its off from how it should, it probably doesnt get noticed on most EMU servers because they tend to hand out at least ornate armor to everyone from the start. Not to meantion people do not stay at low levels long at all when you have 4x + exp rates.

There are a few tweaks that would be easy to make.

I know up until level 20, it is tougher than I remember. Beyond 30, as an SK, I would fear kite, because even having a full suit of sentient at the time (I didnt play in 1999, started in 2001), I could not straight up take stuff with no healing.

So if anything I think there needs to be some tweaks pre-20, but 20-50 may not be too far off.

Haynar
Old 10-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

You're crazy if you don't think there is a SERIOUS problem with PC melee vs NPC melee.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Closed Thread