Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Ventrillo is not classic. Please treat this software as a 3rd party software that is as game-breaking as MQ. Anyone caught using Ventrillo should be banned. Raid orders should be diseminated through guild chat, which should have to be sorted through with all of the other battle spam.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Project Manager

The current UI is obviously Titanium... because that's the client which we use. :P

The modifications made to it are as close as we can currently get to the Velious UI.

That being said, people are confused about their past, or don't understand the difference between classic, velious, and post-Velious UIs.

You weren't forced to see the stone borders all the time.. f10 switched between no UI, transparent UI, and stone UI. Transparent UI was when you didn't have inventory or options up. (similar to velious)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you pressed f10, you would see this screen.

Pressing the inventory button, or persona button would show this page. Inventory was collapsible by the button at the top right.

This UI persisted until Velious, which didn't change it *that* much. Screen resolutions were allowed to be higher, you could move around the UI elements. Also, 10 hotkey buttons.

Pressing f10 would still yield the stone borders of old interface and UI elements were basically the same, except they could be moved around. Note the ctrl+a abilities box. This was still the Velious UI. It persisted through mid-Luclin, when it was absolutely unsupported.

Spellbooks still had the fullscreen effect until 2002, when spellbook meditating was totally removed. After this time, came the Luclin/PoP era interfaces, and I'm not sure after that.
Last edited by nilbog; 10-10-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

a part of a classic UI revamp involves not being able to alt+tab and not being able to change your resolution.

there were some things about classic that sucked, like multi boxing. i am glad that the server operators and developers have acknowledged this and changed policies accordingly. let's come to the same conclusion about the UI.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

The stone look very much reminds me of old school D&D games. Eye of the beholder, Warriors of the Eternal Sun.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

This would barely effect me. My layout is nearly identical to the original UI layout. I would love to have the old gear screen though. That would definitely add to the classic feel.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being able to look at yourself from the inventory was pretty pimpish though.
I like this.

I was also curious (being the vain bastard I am) is there a way currently to be able to swing the camera view around to see yourself (when in 3rd person)? I seem to remember that you could do that in classic...
Old 10-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Who is this Onyyn pimp? And I'm assuming that's not the same Droxx that plays on P99 eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think pre-luclin UI's were even remotely similar in architecture and design
The way I understand it is that they were actually very similar. I believe The Velious UI was XML based just like the system we use now, only it was built into the client so it couldn't be altered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like this.

I was also curious (being the vain bastard I am) is there a way currently to be able to swing the camera view around to see yourself (when in 3rd person)? I seem to remember that you could do that in classic...
In certain third-person views (F9) you can pivot the camera by holding the right mouse button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ventrillo is not classic. Please treat this software as a 3rd party software that is as game-breaking as MQ. Anyone caught using Ventrillo should be banned. Raid orders should be diseminated through guild chat, which should have to be sorted through with all of the other battle spam.
Voice communication was available in classic, it just wasn't as prevalent. Shut up.

lol wut
Last edited by Mardur; 10-10-2011 at 01:37 PM..
Closed Thread