Shadowknight 10 5.59%
Shaman 10 5.59%
Warrior 9 5.03%
Wizard 27 15.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Aviak

Poll is clearly invalid but I voted for Necro anyway. Reading your other posts it's clear that your problem is not the class, it's that levelling in EQ is not fast enough for you. I truly don't believe you'll make it to the end with any class because you seem to want the easy path and EQ doesn't really have one. No actually, I take that back, you had the easy path with Bard but apparently that wasn't powerful enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphablue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard: being able to do everything is something I love, and I already have a 46 bard, so it’s kind of ready to go. I fell into just swarm kiting (and was pretty good at it, not that it’s difficult) but stopped playing once the exp slowed to a crawl. Fear kiting seems like it could be fun and I’ve done it a little, albeit a little tedious.
You're not cut out for the 50+ levelling grind if you think exp is slow with swarm kiting at 46. 54 will break you.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarkinFrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poll is clearly invalid but I voted for Necro anyway. Reading your other posts it's clear that your problem is not the class, it's that levelling in EQ is not fast enough for you. I truly don't believe you'll make it to the end with any class because you seem to want the easy path and EQ doesn't really have one. No actually, I take that back, you had the easy path with Bard but apparently that wasn't powerful enough.

You're not cut out for the 50+ levelling grind if you think exp is slow with swarm kiting at 46. 54 will break you.
You’re welcome to draw your own conclusions from the posts, but I’ll go ahead and repeat the premise for you in case there was some confusion:

I have major alt-itis.
I asked for some advice on picking a class that I can focus on exclusively on to max level.
I decided to hold a poll because I just can’t decide and think it would be fun for the community to do so for me.

You can assume anything you like about me, but I respectfully disagree with your feelings as they’re completely unfounded.

Thanks for voting though!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Aviak

I reread my post and realize I sound like an asshole, sorry, that wasn't my intention. I wanted to point out a common thread with your other posts. It seems like you get stuck when the going gets tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphablue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard: being able to do everything is something I love, and I already have a 46 bard, so it’s kind of ready to go. I fell into just swarm kiting (and was pretty good at it, not that it’s difficult) but stopped playing once the exp slowed to a crawl. Fear kiting seems like it could be fun and I’ve done it a little, albeit a little tedious.

(Iksar) Necro: I have a level 17 and it feels a bit sluggish compared to other classes so far, but I’m always jealous of seeing Necros soloing guards and seeming super powerful.

Enchanter: the only reason I’m leaning this way at all is because I love the idea of providing absolute control over every fight, with the constant fear that one lapse in concentration could be death. I have a 17 enc but it feels slow at this level.
Then there's this from a while back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphablue
Root-rotting is super easy but pretty slow and inefficient at my level. Even charming can seem slow but I'm coming from leveling a bard recently, so everything is slow by comparison
It might help to not compare your other classes to the bard. Yes, it's going to be slow but that's what's great about EQ imo. You get time to really learn your class and be awesome.

I voted necro because they are super powerful and you said before you like how powerful necros seem to be. No, it won't be as fast as a bard but they are pretty mana efficient, especially Iksar, so you'll have less down time (compared to say, druid) when you are solo. Necros are awesome in groups and you won't have to worry about being the healer (like a druid). You get to be a sort of jack of all trades with charms, cc, oh shit heals and FD when the real shit hits the fan (Oh, and the ability to gate and peace the fuck out). I've been in countless situations where the necro saved the day. Plus, necros are great for farming. Do a /who all 55 60 necro and check out where they're at. Awesome class.
Last edited by ZarkinFrood; 11-08-2017 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Forgot something. :)
Old 11-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZarkinFrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I reread my post and realize I sound like an asshole, sorry, that wasn't my intention. I wanted to point out a common thread with your other posts. It seems like you get stuck when the going gets tough.

Then there's this from a while back:

It might help to not compare your other classes to the bard. Yes, it's going to be slow but that's what's great about EQ imo. You get time to really learn your class and be awesome.

I voted necro because they are super powerful and you said before you like how powerful necros seem to be. No, it won't be as fast as a bard but they are pretty mana efficient, especially Iksar, so you'll have less down time (compared to say, druid) when you are solo. Necros are awesome in groups and you won't have to worry about being the healer (like a druid). You get to be a sort of jack of all trades with charms, cc, oh shit heals and FD when the real shit hits the fan (Oh, and the ability to gate and peace the fuck out). I've been in countless situations where the necro saved the day. Plus, necros are great for farming. Do a /who all 55 60 necro and check out where they're at. Awesome class.
I appreciate the clarification!

You're right, I do change when things start to slow down, but it's almost a false correlation because it's more that I see other classes while playing and I want to try them out because they look fun / cool / powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I like leveling as fast as possible just like anyone else, but my problem is just concentrating on a single character for a long time.

Your description of the Necro is awesome and makes me want to play it (as does other people's description of other classes). Thank you for hashing it out for me!

And again, I appreciate you clarifying your post!
Old 11-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Banned

I chose bard for you because i want you to have fun=)
Old 11-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

I can definitely relate to your situation. I've found that having multiple chars at different levels has worked great for me. The 3 names I have in my signature are all between lvl 34 and 54. When I get tired of one, I just switch to another and keep playing.

Overall, I've played my cleric the most but I find having like 1-3 chars that you are actively playing, leveling and working on is a great way to keep from burn out. Just make sure they have different playstyles/roles so your not doing the same stuff on multiple chars. I love having a healer,tank, and hybrid to choose from depending on what I feel like for that day. You will level slower overall but it may help with your altidis.

Otherwise, I voted for druid and mage. Both are very good for soloing and can get groups although at higher lvls, the druid seems to get less and less invites. However being able to quad kite is a nice change. If I get bored quadding, I switch to my war or cleric and find a group. Good luck.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 11-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

I voted Rogue, so non-twinked you will play hard mode and can't solo.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I voted Rogue, so non-twinked you will play hard mode and can't solo.
And I’m totally open to that.

Part of doing the poll is opening myself up to people with all intentions with their votes.

Whatever is ultimately the winner, I will play no matter what and I’ll be forced to make it work, which I think will be extremely fun!
Old 11-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And I’m totally open to that.

Part of doing the poll is opening myself up to people with all intentions with their votes.

Whatever is ultimately the winner, I will play no matter what and I’ll be forced to make it work, which I think will be extremely fun!
Enchanter was the only class I easily went to 60 with and didn’t get bored. Nearly unlimited solo potential and groups love you.

Although recently after quitting many other alts I think I’m going to make it to 60 on the bard. Huge skill cap and charm is OP.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter was the only class I easily went to 60 with and didn’t get bored. Nearly unlimited solo potential and groups love you.

Although recently after quitting many other alts I think I’m going to make it to 60 on the bard. Huge skill cap and charm is OP.
Good point on the Enchanter, though it looks like Necro is running away with the votes!
Closed Thread