Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-07-2024, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my emotions tell me to do very bad things to myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no they don't, you need to look deeper.

when you get feelings of self harm you are responding to your own internal cycle of frustrations

simply put, you feel bad, so you try to feel better, and when you still feel bad, you try to feel better, so on and so on caught in an endless loop, it feels like no matter what you try, you are failing, then eventually you throw your hands up in the air and say, "Fuck this ill just end it"

you gotta break that cycle and end that loop. to do this you will need to find what you really want. some of us have buried our true desires so deep within our psyche that we no longer have any idea what we want, and would not recognize it if we saw it.

dig deep and make it hurt, because if it doesn't hurt then you aren't actually doing anything. Yeah, you hurt now but that's different, its a result of wallowing in a pit of despair.

this is counterintuitive, but to dig yourself out of a pit of despair, you have to dig it deeper. you have to go wayyy down until the hurt is no longer just despair but a recognition of what you are living without.

then you can understand what you need to feel good, then you can recognize what it is that you do not want and remove it

gotta figuratively get off your ass and work, then you can physically get off your ass and make something good.

many people are alive, but are not living.

if you aren't gonna die, then you have to live. you survived soldier training, you will survive this.
Old 05-07-2024, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

you wanna beat Satan?

then you walk up to him, you look him in the eyes, you shake his hand, and you politely but firmly say, "No". You have to refuse evil, but never at the cost of your own soul, he can work with that.

running from Satan is just as bad as indulging him, he can work with that too.
Old 05-07-2024, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you wanna beat Satan?

then you walk up to him, you look him in the eyes, you shake his hand, and you politely but firmly say, "No". You have to refuse evil, but never at the cost of your own soul, he can work with that.

solid point
Old 05-07-2024, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

I assigned you homework, did you start to build your in-bed home theater system?

playing EQ is something you want, you need to give yourself that. If you are unable to sit at a desk to play EQ, then you need to build your in-bed home theater system.

42" or larger TV, wireless mouse/keyboard, windows scaling at 300%. I know you can afford these items as none of them need to be expensive.

Once you accomplish this, then you need to let yourself feel good playing EQ. You will then know a little bit of happiness.

You will then need to ask yourself, "what would make me happier?"

Happiness is the pursuit of happiness. You can never stop trying. When you fail, and you will fail, you need to try again.

Figure out what it is that you want, and kick in doors to get it for yourself.
Old 05-07-2024, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

This is where I have to step out of the conversation, because I cannot answer that question without hurting other ppl emotionally. ANd risking them experiencing their behaviors. I feel like this is an oblique enough answer to get thru that without triggering anyone and hurting anyone. Hopefully.

This thread prob needs to be nuked.
Old 05-07-2024, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is where I have to step out of the conversation, because I cannot answer that question without hurting other ppl emotionally. ANd risking them experiencing their behaviors. I feel like this is an oblique enough answer to get thru that without triggering anyone and hurting anyone. Hopefully.

This thread prob needs to be nuked.
nobody here is gonna get hurt by your answers. these people are all willing to help you.

you don't need to hide behind their problems or be concerned about them, you can't help them or anyone if you don't help yourself.

this thread just got good, we just showed you what you need.

You posted a thread about not feeling good, you DO want this.

We can only open the door, you're going to have to drag your ass through it, and it's gonna SUUUUCCKKK, but on the other side of this door, is your happiness

it will still be there when you are ready.
Last edited by Trexller; 05-07-2024 at 06:22 PM..
Old 05-07-2024, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Whoever it was that said "this thread just got good" was dead on.
Magnet, you say you feel pain already right? With no apparent end in sight so enduring a little bit more for a potential resolution sounds like a plan.
Trex, im impressed and leaping with joy that a kindness such as this came from (what has largely been) shitpost central.
Your plan for magnet may or may not work but it gave me pause to think. I have many nice pieces of wood, maybe i could fashion for you a door wedge.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

a door wedge?

will it have my name in EQ themed woodburned scrollwork?

is this sort of thing common in the Land of Oz?

sorry im American, here we just buy each other useless things that we don't need and expect the recipient to feign great appreciation
Old 05-08-2024, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
so give me a diagnosis dr
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_depravity

(good cop bad cop)

(all cops are good cops, see how ridiculous that sounds?)
Old 05-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you wanna beat Satan?