Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Aviak

I liked the AA system in EQ2. You could only earn a certain amount of points, I think it was capped at like 30, and had to choose what you wanted to spend them on. You couldn't get every AA. You got 1 free respec and then it cost plat after that, with each time being more expensive. Let you kind of customize your character.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The quest idea is cool, but I really liked how AAs gave your character direct power over a period of time (like leveling, but specified). Doing something like an epic quest for Canni 5 sounds cool and all, but having to grind out several quests for each rank of Healing Affinity, Critical Healing, Improved Defense, etc. sound nearly as tedious as just sitting in an exp group. And I don't see much reason to implement AAs without implementing nearly the whole thing (some shit was just completely useless like Rabid Bear).
canni5 was 9 AAs wasn't it? I remember grinding that out for ages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Canni5 also required... some weird prereq. Maybe Mental Clarity 3 (FT). Which required you spend 6 points in general tab (Run3 / Regen3).
Old 01-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

What I enjoyed about AA's was that they kept you playing the game. Right now when you're max gear / level, there's not much to do. This leaves behind newer players who then find trouble getting groups. It also creates more opportunities for pvp on a pvp server since people are playing more and grouping more. However, AA's are not balanced for velious and you would need to introduce them with more challenging content.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

I love this post thank you Nilbog for clarifying that im glad its being considered and I like the way you think. On that note why add bitterness to a thread that is pretty awesome? Let it go things have and are changing its not worth holding on to it and trying to reintroduce it.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Large Bat

AA's ruined the game in several ways
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

AA's gave me a way to progress my character while helping others.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I never liked the grind level 51 x times approach..

Don't take what I'm about to say as gospel, but if custom content is created post-Velious, I'd like to see the class-defining AAs introduced as epic quests.
Always good to hear the team talk about post velious content.

I like the idea of aa's i just didn't like some AA's, it just expands the gap between certain classes and skews the lines of class definition imo.

I remember rogues getting escape 72 minute agro wipe, and bards getting fading memories which is full agro wipe but (correct me if im wrong) near instant recast only a mana cost component. Seeing bards zone in with selos, train all the way to the bottom of a dungeon and then FM while I would have to sos sneak all the way down with only 1 chance to wipe agro while the bard would have several opportunities to wipe agro.

wizard manaburn groups...nough said.

in short, id like to see aa's but hope that they arent too overpowering or allows for classes to completely obliterate content over other class's

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Bard Fading Memories was a PoP era AA, which cost 900 mana. With bards only having FT effects work on their mana (no clarity or PotG or bard mana etc.)... this meant fades were very rare.

I'd bet in Velious bards with full raid gear would have <3k Mana, meaning they would have at most 3 fades and regaining mana to fade another time would take 10min+ per fade.

Bard pulling during PoP was some of the most fun I had while raiding though. Cause you could burn through 4-5 fades but if you did that you had to wait 20min with a raid force twiddling their thumbs while you regenned.

AAs were one of the best additions to game easily. Always felt like your exp was working for something.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

thats still 3 fades per 10 minutes compared to a rogues #2 aa ability on a once per 72 minute reuse.

there was just no need to slap rogues in the face by giving bards this unnecessary ability and when things like that start to happen are when im probably going to quit p99.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread