Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Large Bat

Hahaha he says Greedy didnt somone try and help him with his epic and then he went and skurried over to ninja loot a tear ? sounds kinda greedy even thou they didnt care thats pretty greedy Trendy
Old 07-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyDru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't know this was RNF. I've had a few people say they're interested in going. I don't understand what peoples issue is. I'm not saying "I'm taking all the loot to afford Torpor" There are still several spells worth quite a bit of money. I am doing the work in trying to get people together to get the spell. It's not charity. If I wanted to be given Torpor I would sit in EC and ask for it for free.

The attitude on P99 is greedy as fuck. Everyone would rather buy their level 1 cleric an epic than actually pass on something thats CLASS SPECIFIC. Apparently the forums are only good for trolling while you're taking a shit.
Here's a little story.

When i was around lvl 30 i was in upper guk with someone from my guild and other randoms. I didn't even know the guildie, was grouping with him for the first time.

Anyways, RBF drops. As i have a dragoon dirk in my range slot, i'd have rolled on it, but then the guildie warrior said "Can i have it? I Need the resists."

Nobody objected, and i passed, cause you know, he seemed like he wanted to have it and it's a low level item, so who cares really?

2 weeks later, my guild leader informs me that the guy left the game because he felt EQ was getting in the way of his RL.

Now RBF is a 500-600p item, but the principle remains that:

If you ask me to join your group and torpor drops, i'm gonna roll on it because:

I don't know you.
You're not my friend.
I don't know if you're still gonna be online next week.

Get it?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Aviak

Looking to farm guardian wurms, sham, have torpor, all spells /ran 1000. PST
Old 07-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Kobold

I thoughht this was a joke thread at first, now I realize he was serious.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Burgy is good peoples! I'd run it with yah but at work atm.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 07-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Kobold

If I reserve a spell, and I'm making the group I have the right to do so, yes? If you don't like the parameters then you are welcome to not join. I'm not twisting anyones arm. Still having several decently priced spells that drop is not "coming out for nothing" so honestly I don't see the issue in it.

Making a thread about forming a group to farm spells and saying Torpor is on reserve should not result in this much backlash. I could see if Torpor was literally the only valued item that drops off them. But it's not.

Be mad if you want, I could really care less. And honestly give it a rest with the Tear. it wasn't ninja looted.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbvTt9sAlo4
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 07-10-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Old 07-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Item claiming is more of a modern MMO thing.

Not so much here. There's so much more time and effort put into getting said item not to mention that currency is actually used for something in Everquest.
Last edited by Bboboo; 07-10-2014 at 03:02 PM..
Old 07-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

In my younger days, I was making my way down to Crypt in a PUG. At the door I pick, the Guardian drops Naltron's Mark. Our cleric says he doesn't have it, because he was using single target symbols on the tank and chanter we had no reason to not believe him, so we all agreed to give it to him. He mems the spell and casts it, woot, nice, cool, grats. Then we get to the Emp door, obviously clearing the ph's, and he comes down with a case of the gotta gos. He doesn't help us clear back up, just leaves us stuck and gates out. So we ended up just calling train and taking up whatever respawns we get on the way.

It's a pretty good way to become jaded to any NBG looting in a PUG setting.
Closed Thread