Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should they make the server fun?
Yes (im not in Empire) 32 46.38%
No (im not in Empire) 13 18.84%
Yes (im a member of Empire and would love competition) 7 10.14%
No (im a member of Empire and i want to continue raiding with 60% of the population) 17 24.64%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned

voted "am in empire, hardly raid, and its a great place so i give zero fucks"

p funny how i'd prolly get kicked / cliqued in another guild, as they cry about empire

i'll have a double gin with sweet salty tears plz
Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ways to fix it:

1.) Banish all additional guild members from a zone over a certain number; 54 should be the limit IMO. There's nothing in the game, aside from Avatar of War, that can't be handled with those numbers. If you can't handle it with those numbers, then those 54 people are not geared well enough and/or not working well enough together and/or it's the wrong combination of classes. This player limit will count all guild members who were in the zone within the past 2 minutes, so people can't just plan to zerg in waves.

2.) If a player who is camped out or in another zone has a buff on a player where 48+ guild members are already at, or if any summoned items from a camped out or out-of-zone player exist in zone where 48+ guild members are at, all of those things will disappear. Thus, guilds can not get around the player limit by simply having their buffers or mod-rod summoners camp/zone before a fight. (I imagine this would probably be the hardest part to code, iz possible?)

3.) Make players be unable to rejoin the same guild for 4 weeks after leaving and only able to switch guilds once per 4 weeks. That way people can not get around the rules very easily. Guilds are allowed to select 1 "trivial" zone as their base, in which the player cap limits do not apply. This base is allowed to be changed once every 4 weeks.

4.) GM's shall intervene and punish multiple guilds that are actually the same guild and only in separate guilds in order to get around the rules. Similarly, individuals who constantly stay unguilded and yet play with a certain guild will be punished.
best way to fix it?

more then 1 attractive guild

i'm sure your bullshit ideas restricting players freedom will work great as an alternative however

i bet half the server would rather quit then read your post

wtf should a guild with 60 members do? cut 6 random ones loose? If you have 53 but your best cleric quit, you kick a ranger so you can pick up the only 2 available druids?

your suggestion is a bit like PoTime trials, which allowed max 54 after there was no cap before. some other nerd wrote something about that already

terrible, also, recruit & contest, rite
Last edited by derpcake; 08-07-2015 at 10:06 AM..
Old 08-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

There have been multiple attractive guilds in the past few months, you newbs blew them up with your lack of social ability.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ways to fix it:

1.) Banish all additional guild members from a zone over a certain number; 54 should be the limit IMO. There's nothing in the game, aside from Avatar of War, that can't be handled with those numbers. If you can't handle it with those numbers, then those 54 people are not geared well enough and/or not working well enough together and/or it's the wrong combination of classes. This player limit will count all guild members who were in the zone within the past 2 minutes, so people can't just plan to zerg in waves.

2.) If a player who is camped out or in another zone has a buff on a player where 48+ guild members are already at, or if any summoned items from a camped out or out-of-zone player exist in zone where 48+ guild members are at, all of those things will disappear. Thus, guilds can not get around the player limit by simply having their buffers or mod-rod summoners camp/zone before a fight. (I imagine this would probably be the hardest part to code, iz possible?)

3.) Make players be unable to rejoin the same guild for 4 weeks after leaving and only able to switch guilds once per 4 weeks. That way people can not get around the rules very easily. Guilds are allowed to select 1 "trivial" zone as their base, in which the player cap limits do not apply. This base is allowed to be changed once every 4 weeks.

4.) GM's shall intervene and punish multiple guilds that are actually the same guild and only in separate guilds in order to get around the rules. Similarly, individuals who constantly stay unguilded and yet play with a certain guild will be punished.
Even if these weren't some of the worst ideas anyone has had about anything ever, what you are proposing would require a massive amount of coding and has 0 chance of ever happening.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

The only way the situation ever changes is if the population grows to a point in which the waiting list for loot in the top guild becomes so long that people see forming another guild as the option that will get them loot the fastest.

so basically never
Old 08-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Empire is just another form of Nilly. Nihilum will forever hold this server hostage with its endless supply of beards and coat tail riders.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Banned

currently thriving
Old 08-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa_Chamberlain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
currently thriving
I don't think you know what that actually means.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

biggest reason why Red never grow 500+ is because the population has way to big egos and dont look out for whats best for the entire population..

Honestly alot of the personalities on these forums belong nowhere else than on a psychward.

Alot of us came here to get a chance to yet again relive the feels of classic or heck even the feels of vztz..

but there are way to many bad apples in this pie, and they consider themselves good.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
voted "am in empire, hardly raid, and its a great place so i give zero fucks"

p funny how i'd prolly get kicked / cliqued in another guild, as they cry about empire

i'll have a double gin with sweet salty tears plz

go play blue please. its where u belong
Closed Thread