Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmysosa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could recreate the old days.
Fix bugs PvP bugs for balance.
1 item loot with coin.
Hold guild wars in large zones with number caps. Loser loses a mob rotation.
issue with holding guild wars is that guilds will batphone people in.
and that red doesnt have a rotation
but lets say it did, you would have 100 some empire against 60 thunderdome

item levels reqs also not classic at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best RZ moment was keeping an entire noABCla~ korean guild of 30+ from getting their corpses back from their break-in PoF Rez team of 4-5 and sitting on the pile of them afterwards with Herb. The two of us multi- boxed that fight after they tried to take fear from us and the whole thing lasted for hours before GMs finally made us let them LnS. Back in Kunark days so Fear (nodrop gear) was a pretty damned big deal at the time.

Best SZ moments was probably the fights for the turtle, or the Guilld war we (Nine) got into with that other evil guild and wiping the floor with them. Whole server made fun of them since Bashnir and some others were vocal as hell and got obliterated on every front by a guild about a third of their side. We hunted them for days before trashing them a few times in big fights and lots of their guild members de-tagged just to stay alive. Guild ended up disbanding iirc.
God that guildwar against Infeste Nex was the best time I ever had playing EQ. I think the kill count over a week or so was like 100-3.

On RZ I think my fav moment was in the sabbat when the Blood of Kings people refused me enchanter arms or some shit from Hate so we (the begotten) killed all of their members at the raid and then went to war. That was such an odd thing - you'd literally raid with people then after the raid you'd be at war with them. Amazing how that made it so you didn't have to congregate in a single zerg guild and could keep your own identity guild wise, get plenty of PVP and loot for all.

That system would work perfectly here with the low pop but there are too many blood feuding angry nerds to make it work.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmysosa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was later in his EQ career that we crossed paths. I think I was in <Swarm of Fear> at this time.

You could recreate the old days.
Fix bugs PvP bugs for balance.
1 item loot with coin.
Item level regs to detour twinkers.
Daily PvP rewards. (Dispell rods, rezz sticks, etc)
GM events with no rent items rewards. For lowbies (Haste belt or cloaks, good weapons)
Hold guild wars in large zones with number caps. Loser loses a mob rotation.

Just my 2 cents.
What PVP bugs exactly?

Coin loot was retarded because there were never any good rewards. The entire system was put in place for like corpse summon potions not available to neutral/good teams and not much else. I had hundreds of coins sitting in the bank not even worth turning them in.

Exp rate is so high you can outlevel a twink PKer in a single night, the only people whining about getting PK'd by twinks are people who want to solo shit at the entrance to mistmoore/unrest in rags and wonder why they get jacked.

Everything else you suggested either requires GMs to be present or coding time so will never happen.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:06 AM
Aviak

I was thinking these rules would apply for a new server or a reset.

If population is only steady for one large Zerg guild, the server will die. Rivalry breeds activity.

PvP fixes would be instant cast after a clicky. Charm instant kill on pets. Anything deemed out of balance. Plugs could be fixed by the LD character appearing in zone after plug.

PvP rewards could be similar to WoW with armor sets or weapons geared towards PvP.
Tradeskills could become relevant with craft able PvP gear.
Items could become slot able. Quests could be altered to daily or weekly which makes players cross paths. Rewards from weeklies/daylies would benefit the player or maybe even twinks.
As for level regs on items, I just would hate to see new people quit because someone delvled just to be mayor of black burrow.
Make being in the fight more important then never dying. (Josheb creates a magical portal)

Guilds could have prearranged battles for loot/money/spawns. It happened on RZ.

End game content would be avaible but I wouldn't pass Kunark. Raiding just got to serious after Velious.

Do all GMs on red just quit after a fashion?

Edit spelling *been blazing
Old 02-15-2016, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amazing how that made it so you didn't have to congregate in a single zerg guild and could keep your own identity guild wise, get plenty of PVP and loot for all.

That system would work perfectly here with the low pop but there are too many blood feuding angry nerds to make it work.

They were definitely a force. I don't know what happened to TB towards Velious but I remember them getting ostracized/poached for their PvP antics and not playing the politics as well as IE was doing.

Going down the BoK guild list was a huge trip, like the who's who of Rallos. So many names. I remember being in Facultas Ultrimque the most, and being forced into KOS retirement.

Ascending Dawn maintained an FU guild list after the war, even years later in Wudan it caused serious problems for me. I was afraid of being guildkicked on a weekly basis. Received many threats and extortion attempts even in Gates of Discord era. I bet they received a ton of complaints from ex-PB, TB, BoK, etc. PvPers. stephans was often abused by Ascending Dawn to extract tribute payments and extort even years later.

Finally I went to Legends again and got a name change (like everyone else had to do).

The server had an immersion level unlike any other. And it wasn't due to our ages or anything like that. The politics, personalities, and the community were just so unique on Rallos Zek.

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/pla...yer_name=Rufin

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 02-15-2016 at 02:54 AM..
Old 02-15-2016, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I was thinking these rules would apply for a new server or a reset.

If population is only steady for one large Zerg guild, the server will die. Rivalry breeds activity.

PvP fixes would be instant cast after a clicky. Charm instant kill on pets. Anything deemed out of balance. Plugs could be fixed by the LD character appearing in zone after plug.

PvP rewards could be similar to WoW with armor sets or weapons geared towards PvP.
Tradeskills could become relevant with craft able PvP gear.
Items could become slot able. Quests could be altered to daily or weekly which makes players cross paths. Rewards from weeklies/daylies would benefit the player or maybe even twinks.
As for level regs on items, I just would hate to see new people quit because someone delvled just to be mayor of black burrow.
Make being in the fight more important then never dying. (Josheb creates a magical portal)

Guilds could have prearranged battles for loot/money/spawns. It happened on RZ.

End game content would be avaible but I wouldn't pass Kunark. Raiding just got to serious after Velious.

Do all GMs on red just quit after a fashion?

Edit spelling *been blazing
The instant cast thing after click was actually added in on purpose (shits classic), it wasn't always that way. I think maybe about a year ago is when it went in.

A lot of the things you're talking about are custom (like PVP crafted gear) and go against the nature of the project. There are other servers that cater to PVP by modifying the classic game around it, but that won't happen with any P99 server.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were definitely a force. I don't know what happened to TB towards Velious but I remember them getting ostracized/poached for their PvP antics and not playing the politics as well as IE was doing.

Going down the BoK guild list was a huge trip, like the who's who of Rallos. So many names. I remember being in Facultas Ultrimque the most, and being forced into KOS retirement.

Ascending Dawn maintained an FU guild list after the war, even years later in Wudan it caused serious problems for me. I was afraid of being guildkicked on a weekly basis. Received many threats and extortion attempts even in Gates of Discord era. I bet they received a ton of complaints from ex-PB, TB, BoK, etc. PvPers. stephans was often abused by Ascending Dawn to extract tribute payments and extort even years later.

Finally I went to Legends again and got a name change (like everyone else had to do).

The server had an immersion level unlike any other. And it wasn't due to our ages or anything like that. The politics, personalities, and the community were just so unique on Rallos Zek.

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/pla...yer_name=Rufin
tB wasn't ostracized or anything while I was around (until SZ release, shortly into Velious). Not sure when AD got started but I was gone by then.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

By playing the politics ofc I mean sucking the right dicks. IE kept a steady supply and would never take the chances tB would.

I was forced to quit from the political climate, so I'd say that's a fair assessment of the outcome not only for tB but for anyone who PvP'd at all.

All dinosaurs by Luclin with a lot of help from the GMs.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:25 AM
Kobold

RZ was definitely its own thing. Now that I think about it, the turtle fights are the Lodizal battles that happened pre-SZ when velious came out. Pvp wasn't completely borked yet and I still had fun in those days (Dark Carnival), but even RZ lost its charm as expansions rolled out.

SZ had its own charm but honestly the team disparity kinda ruined things for me. It was fun trashing entire goodie guilds with a handful in luclin, but after a while it became old hat and lost its appeal. Too small a guild to do the big bosses and no reason to get bigger since we didn't need more people for pvp, just pve, and frankly, EQ pve isn't worth the poopsocking required. Not when other games beckoned.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

SZ was lame after the <Ruin> vs <DBC>/<Tides> war ended. Not that long after launch.

Closed Thread