Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Put an end to account buying and selling?
Yes 273 70.18%
No 116 29.82%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not listening to anything said, and instead just repeat yourself. I wouldn't even call this an argument.
I said that you, specifically, were terrible at arguing because your argument didn't even support the conclusion. Your conclusion is that account transfers should be illegal, but your argument in favor of that was "I want people to know me as a person and not as a random druid" even though you can do that regardless of whether account sales are legal!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said that you, specifically, were terrible at arguing because your argument didn't even support the conclusion. Your conclusion is that account transfers should be illegal, but your argument in favor of that was "I want people to know me as a person and not as a random druid" even though you can do that regardless of whether account sales are legal!
You missed my point entirely.

I think you should calm down.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wondering, the people arguing that account trading and selling should be banned. Do you also think that the war on drugs is a success also?
I'm not sure that anyone has suggested that account buyers/sellers should be banned. I think the argument is centered around whether or not buying and selling should be allowed. The penalty for breaking this proposed rule hasn't been explored in this thread, to my knowledge.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure that anyone has suggested that account buyers/sellers should be banned. I think the argument is centered around whether or not buying and selling should be allowed. The penalty for breaking this proposed rule hasn't been explored in this thread, to my knowledge.
He didn't say that account buyers/sellers should be banned, he was trying to direct his question to the people who are in favor of making account buying/selling illegal.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

Seems like he was mistakenly observing "people arguing that account trading and selling should be banned."
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Wow Harrison, you're a bad person. I can't believe you would buy and sell accounts knowing the negative impact it has on the server. I, for one, have never bought or sold an account! Harrison you are what's wrong with p99 - someone doing wrong and knowing it and not caring about the negative impact. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

you got it backwards, dummy

no account trades denies TMO characters and other people cash
Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

There are numerous reasons why account "sales" should be eliminated.

1. Economy - Items stay in circulation forever. On Live if someone quit and had items they didn't sell those items stayed out of the game.Whats the point in removing or nerfing the drop of an item if people just trade the accounts with the item It also encourages exploiting/duping and general cheating which hurts the economy.

2. Reputation - This one has already been covered but I will add that on live people were wary of account trades because of the time invested in your character and if you grouped with someone who bought their account and did not know their class it can cost you time/xp to group with them.

3. Level Variation - Instead of leveling an alt which in theory helps others to level people are just swapping/selling high level accounts. This leaves new players to struggle with grouping options.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

There is a simple solution to all the problems relating to account trading. Allow it but never investigate scammers. This is how it was on live and this is really why no one traded accounts in the end.

Could you imagine trying to sell your account in classic and getting scammed then making a post on the SOE forums requesting that Sony investigate and ban whoever did it?

The fact that account trades are not only allowed but also investigated when people get scammed shows that there is ZEROCHANCE of stopping account trading here because it is supported by the people who run the server.

Thread over.
Closed Thread