Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Kobold

I see people just being upset because they either missed out on the event or didn't get the drops. I'm willing to bet that if the people that are complaining about the event GOT a drop then they wouldn't be here crying over it.

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Aviak

While I love GM events and the idea behind them, I think GEBs may have been a little bit out of line. The server hasn't been live for a month yet.

And not to rain on anyone's parade, but a few GMs and developers themselves have expressed some level of "discomfort" with the GM event.

Was it a great idea to have a GM event? Yes. Was it a great idea to have GEBs drop? Probably not.

As mentioned previously, what's done is done - it's time to move on. What dropped is now in-game and at some point, will be circulating in the economy.

Put faith in the server staff to make a better call next time. This is a learning process in some instances. Keep it up!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytewind TP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see people just being upset because they either missed out on the event or didn't get the drops. I'm willing to bet that if the people that are complaining about the event GOT a drop then they wouldn't be here crying over it.
Hehe. I don't know about that Nytewind.

I don't know all the details of the event, I assumed from what I heard that it was cut short and stopped. If the GEB did drop from the "end" boss of the event, I'm totally cool with that. What I'm kinda uncool with is the fact they may have dropped from some trash mobs during the event. That's a pretty extreme trash drop.

I remember items like the Gold Threaded Tunic dropping from GM events (Halloween werewolves!). They dropped as trash, very rarely. And from the "bosses" commonly (bosses being lvl 45+ and HARD). It's a nice tunic, great resist gear, and no drop.

I'd consider the GEB on par with that tunic. Except in this case they were easier to obtain, are droppable/tradeable, and are the first pair on the server. In a couple months, I don't think anyone would sweat over a pair dropping rarely off a GM trash mob. 3-4 weeks into server launch, you betcha.

As an aside, the GMs are doing a great job, the server is a blast! It sounds like this event wasn't meant to take place when it did, so that may be the fault here. Can't wait to see Halloween!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Kobold

I agree with most of what you said Majyn, except for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM's, don't let this get to you. As much as Internet QQ is widespread, any forum is the gathering place for the whining. You will find the greatest concentration of complaints on a forum.
From what I can see, some of the Devs/GMs are part of the "whining" here.
Last edited by Villide; 10-27-2009 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Fixed Typo
Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Take back the items imo.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Send a message via Yahoo to Derazor

I dont think anyone here is trying to say that GM events are a bad thing.

GM events occurring without consent of other GM staff and are OP and tradable I think is the key we are trying to avoid here and what the general populace is upset about - and really doesnt represent "QQ" which I think in itself is kind of a degrading comment to make.

Its the equivalent of saying "I dont give a shit what your opinion is, so Im going to put a label on you"
Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Orc

FWIW I have no issue with GEBs being given as loot nor do I dislike GM events. If they did it once they will do it again in a different area. I'd rather see lots of GM events with cool items than have it happen this one time and that's it because people bitch and whine like they're five years old and their brother got a toy they wanted. I also was not there nor online and did not participate.

My suggestions would be that if the other GM's didn't know, make sure they do. Also do events all over the place and leave a little time for people to get there. Do it on varying hours, for those who don't play during peak. Early morning late night etc.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Orc

Facts and wrap up:
GM event items were alittle too good, and in poor taste (it was a mistake).
It didn't last very long.
It wasn't a castastrophe, nothing to worry about really.

Thread starter called it, GM's disappointed and we can move on now.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Orc

I think it's cool that they had a GM event.

I could care less about the drops. I am happy for the people that got them.

If the GEB were dropping constantly that'd suck for people without ports, but that's the way it is. If only 2 or 3 dropped grats to them.

I mean it wasn't loot from Innoruk or Cazic-thule. Even then grats to the winners.

Matahari.

I applaud the gm's for running an event!! And thank you for the server!!!
Lets recruit more people! I've recruited tons and tons.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

For the morons out there who cannot read:

most of the GMs seem mad and disgusted by this, this is not just a player base issue

AND somebody WHO GOT LOOT said they deleted the loot they got because they didn't want it in the world yet....now THAT IS A STANDUP GUY

You people who think this was a good thing, well, I just don't understand why you're playing this game - it isn't supposed to be a freebie server

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Closed Thread