Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If enchanters aren’t fun at raids you aren’t taking an active enough role in the raid. Bind sight, charm, memblur, tash, slow, cripple. Lots of things to do.
Another option - don't raid. Raiding is usually a time sink where you actually lose xp and waste time while hoping to gain enough DKP to get some worthy pixels.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then why even have the pots in the game in the first place? why should they exist? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly they were a dev room product and should be immediately removed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not a dev room product, it's an Easter egg to the development of Kunark. On the Kunark forums before launch there was a "Mysteries of Norrath" thread about conspiracy theories for Norrath. One of them was about the locked fire pot in Neriak. There was talk that there were firepots for every city. Another was about the giant sea monster in Rathetear (Mwgalodon), Faydedar and the firepots rooms are callbacks to that thread.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another option - don't raid. Raiding is usually a time sink where you actually lose xp and waste time while hoping to gain enough DKP to get some worthy pixels.
I mean, that’s an option. But raiding and killing some of the biggest and baddest monsters is fun.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

I remember when I came back on my enc after my last hiatus....and rebound over my pots bind. Broke my heart a little.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 05-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Imagine the convenience of being bound just a click away from a dozen places that no one really needs to go.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though personally I rarely use ports, I prefer SoW since you get to experience more of the game by running(aside from hhk with the giant face in the wall). [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd like to argue that point. EQ was meant to be played in any way you want to play it. It has a punishing system but that doesn't mean it's not free and open. You're never "FORCED" to use magic as a magician, You're not forced to group up to kill and level up, and you're never forced to only align with 1 part of the world faction-wise. The devs went out of their way to make it as free and open as possible while still maintaining form.

Personally, I don't believe firepots were ever intended to be for everyone. They seem more like an abandoned quest line to me. Which, let's be honest, is a pretty common thing in this game. Another reason I believe them to be a quest line specifically for enchanters is because of the significance.
There are 12 pots in the room, and only 13 races (half elf not included). Enchanters specifically are the only class that can become all 13 races, and furthermore, these teleports are all to "safe" locations that are just outside of places where enemies would auto-aggro. That's 2 reasons right there why I think this area was specifically built for enchanters by the devs, or at the very least, to test illusion magics or breaking into towns with aggro and factions. (again why I say it might also be for necromancer).
The whole "miragul's highway" thing is another firm evidence/reason why I believe that this was supposed to be for enchanters.

I respect your ideals but I respectfully disagree that this should remain as is... at least for enchanters.

Your belief is that the original devs put the firepots in the game as a broken quest for enchanters to test their illusions? Now you're asking for the no bind rule to be removed for enchanters, when the original game designers removed them to begin with?

How do you come up with this shit?
Old 05-13-2019, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't halas about the only decent firepot shortcut(almost everyone is going to be KOS in cabalis)? Sure, nice if you need/want to go there, but how often will that be?

Iksars/enc probably gain the most from it. As long as you have a decent porting population the rest are pretty meh. But do you really want to do CR in Seb or HS or wherever and have to come all the way from cabilis? You are going to go to the commons and get a port instead.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:16 PM
Large Rat

OP has the weakest reasoning I've seen on these forums yet, which is saying a lot.
Closed Thread