Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Made a chart for our rocket science rules:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made a chart for our rocket science rules:

you do realize the yellow text was put in so players could police themselves and behave better upon a dragon being engaged in front of a zerg of guilds. just a graphical representation that is avail to avoid confusion....the GMs still have the power to look up encounter logs and point out who has legit FTE according to the rules.

what occurred last night was the very first instance of a dragon being killed without a 'legal' yellow text, something that has never happened since the autofire/tracker rule update

Your flowchart became null and void soon as new rules were implemented and changed the fact that sometimes a FTE shout is not actually legit FTE.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We wanted to see how it would be ruled and wanted to set a precedence for when there is a shitshow encounter that would be damn near impossible to have aggro cleared.
Thanks for clarifying that breaking the rules was intentional and you just wanted to take a gamble on a GM ruling. How very noble of you to break the rules in order to clear up a question that absolutely everybody else in the zone knew the answer to...and informed you of during your 5min run to your raid.
Last edited by wycca; 08-25-2014 at 04:51 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for clarifying that breaking the rules was intentional and you just wanted to take a gamble on a GM ruling to try to keep loot. How noble of you to break the rules to clear up a question that absolutely everybody else in the zone knew the answer to...and informed you of during your 5min run to the raid.
show me the rule that says anything about killing a mob after a 'illegal' tracker FTE pls
Old 08-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what occurred last night was the very first instance of a dragon being killed without a 'legal' yellow text, something that has never happened since the autofire/tracker rule update
What occurred last night is far from a novel occurrence. It is no different than if a guild who had more than two trackers got an FTE. If they continue with the pull, they'll be breaking the rules. It takes a strange leap in logic to conclude that since the guild in front of you broke the rules then there are no longer any rules.

The chart is valid. Please consult it next time.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
show me the rule that says anything about killing a mob after a 'illegal' tracker FTE pls
http://www.project1999.com/raid.php

"All raid mobs provide an "FTE Shout" that show what guild has engaged. Kill stealing will be severely disciplined."

Did your guild get the FTE Shout? No? - Kill it anyways? - Rule violation.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

you guys are very good at ignoring every other moving part in this situation that you are guilty of too. As well as this situation being completely different from anything else that has ever happened.

Taken sought to finally receive some direction on what would happen in this unique situation. Now we all have it. I hear all of this talk of negotiation, but there is nothing that can possibly be negotiated because of the facts of the situation that you keep ignoring. You just want punishment.

Enjoy your forumquesting.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 08-25-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taken sought to finally receive some direction on what would happen in this unique situation. Now we all have it. I hear all of this talk of negotiation, but there is nothing that can possibly be negotiated because of the facts of the situation that you keep ignoring. You just want punishment.
I can only speak for myself when I say that the punishment in this case was fair and inline with previous FTE first offenses [dolj: maestro (warning) > maestro (suspension), IB: fay (warning) > draco (suspension)]. However, to somehow spin your infraction into some benevolent act to gain clarity on rules that nobody else misunderstood is a slap in the face to anyone with half a brain. You took a calculated risk and deemed that it was more likely for you to receive a favorable GM ruling than it was to get FTE on a new engage. Please don't try to pass it off as anything more than this.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can only speak for myself when I say that the punishment in this case was fair and inline with previous FTE first offenses [dolj: maestro (warning) > maestro (suspension), IB: fay (warning) > draco (suspension)]. However, to somehow spin your infraction into some benevolent act to gain clarity on rules that nobody else misunderstood is a slap in the face to anyone with half a brain. You took a calculated risk and deemed that it was more likely for you to receive a favorable GM ruling than it was to get FTE on a new engage. Please don't try to pass it off as anything more than this.
When did I try to pass this off as a benevolent act? Everyone involved in the situation is equally guilty, and that's the part you are trying to ignore. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth, thank you!

We petitioned it immediately. We didn't try to hide anything. The entire situation was a clusterfuck and multiple guilds were doing things they should not have been doing, including an illegal FTE situation that never existed in the previous rules thrown into the mix. THAT is what you are trying to completely ignore, and instead focus on the one incident in this complicated situation that benefits you the most.

Nothing left to say. Have fun.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did I try to pass this off as a benevolent act?
See:
Quote:
Taken sought to finally receive some direction on what would happen in this unique situation.
No other guild did anything wrong. AG would have done something wrong only if they continued to kill the dragon they got a bad FTE on.

The only reason there are so many guilds on the hate list is because you pulled a dragon from its spawn onto 160 people that knew you shouldn't be pulling, and proceeded to kill it.

Quote:
THAT is what you are trying to completely ignore, and instead focus on the one incident in this complicated situation that benefits you the most.
I'm not ignoring anything, and the only thing that will benefit me is if you consult the chart in the future.
Closed Thread