Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its pretty unlikely for this type of incident to happen anywhere....you think just cause gun control laws are tighter makes this type of thing impossible in new york? pretty sure hijacking a plane is illegal there too
1. None of the planes used in the September 11th terrorist attacks were hijacked from JFK , Laguardia, Or Newark airports you dipshit.

2. I never said it was IMPOSSIBLE for it to happen but it makes it extremely difficult for it to happen here with the laws we have in place. When Mayor Bloomberg enacted his new gun control laws our murder and violent crime rate SHARPLY decreased. The amount of gun crimes SHARPLY decreased and this little bit of magic happened - "Starting in 2005, New York City achieved the lowest crime rate among the ten largest cities in the United States"

3. I hope you get shot.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Aviak

If any joe shmoe can walk into a wallmart and buy a high-powered or automatic weapon then the chances of something like this happening increases ten fold. Most people don't have access to a weapons black market so If they do not have access to these weapons in a store and cant purchase them from a gun show then they CANT SHOOT ANYONE.

Can you list a mass murder like this that happened in a place with highly strict gun laws? I don't think you can because shit like this does not happen in NYC, Or London or The Netherlands. It happens in places like Texas, Arizona, Upstate New York and Colorado. And oh - Wouldn't ya know, All those places I just listed are all places that you can purchase a high-powered rifle or handgun IN FUCKING WALLMART.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Aviak

1. i assure you it was illegal at the airport that they were hijacked from

2. since the title of this thread was mass shooting in aurora, CO i just assumed we were talking about incidents of this nature as in crazy dude with no friends gets guns and kills a bunch of people at once for no reason and my point was that these type of tragedies are super unlikely to happen and are dumb to use to prove or disprove the need for stricter gun control.

3. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relapse2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all you dudes crying to have more gun laws, i hope a burglar comes into your home tonight and licks your buthole
Hi pal thanks for buffing my bard Work on eqmac at the DB the other night. Let me hold like 20k bro.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesplayerofgames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you list a mass murder like this that happened in a place with highly strict gun laws? I don't think you can because shit like this does not happen in NYC, Or London or The Netherlands. It happens in places like Texas, Arizona, Upstate New York and Colorado. And oh - Wouldn't ya know, All those places I just listed are all places that you can purchase a high-powered rifle or handgun IN FUCKING WALLMART.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/wo...pagewanted=all
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Hey retards, if someone is committed to committing mass murder, the only way to stop them is to catch them in the process of planning it. Gun control would have done nothing to thwart this guy. Gun control probably does make crimes of passion (no prior planning) possible, but as the saying goes "if there's a will, there's a way."
Old 07-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Kobold

also, as far as new york city is concerned. It's so small with so many officers, the presence of the police is felt alot more than other places (i.e. If you are walking and yell POLICE!, it's highly likely you will be heard by law enforcement) In Colorado (i live in Fort Collins ) or Los angeles, those odds are much, much slimmer. Maybe not the exact reason, but probably a contributing factor to why it's been so successful preventing murders/mass murders/crime in general.
Last edited by tops419; 07-21-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 07-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should do some research before you post. You can purchase a gun anywhere in the country of Norway if you meet some very basic requirements. "Norway has a large population of hunters.[3] Semi-automatic and bolt action rifles, as well as shotguns, make up the better part of the guns in civilian homes."

"Also, there is a restriction on the number of weapons an owner can have for each calibre. For recreational shooters, only one gun is allowed in each caliber. For professional and semi-professional shooters, a spare gun is allowed. A recreational shooter is only allowed to own four different handguns"

Btw to become a "recreational" shooter all you need to do is complete a 30 hour class to receive your permit to purchase guns.

Yee fucking Haw
Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, as far as new york city is concerned. It's so small with so many officers, the presence of the police is felt alot more than other places (i.e. If you are walking and yell POLICE!, it's highly likely you will be heard by law enforcement) In Colorado (i live in Fort Collins ) or Los angeles, those odds are much, much slimmer. Maybe not the exact reason, but probably a contributing factor to why it's been so successful preventing mass murders.
You are so dumb, you are really dumb.. fo real.

Seriously though you have no idea what you are talking about. New York City has 5 boroughs with 8 million people spread throughout them. In most neighborhoods you wont see a police car for a few days on end. They are all concentrated in the rough neighborhoods here because of the large presence required there. NYC is experiencing a severe shortage of police recruits at the moment - Along with the rest of the country. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=96...1#.UAtDYqCHGeo The wait time for a 911 call can be upwards up 40-50 minutes on some days because of how thinly stretched they are nowadays.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesplayerofgames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Btw to become a "recreational" shooter all you need to do is complete a 30 hour class to receive your permit to purchase guns.

Yee fucking Haw

All you need to do is complete a 30 HOUR class?
]30 hours is significant. Very significant. That's seems like a very appropriate amount of time. way more than whats required in many states for a CCP ( concealed carry permit).

Bitch about something that doesn't make sense, not a safeguard like that.
Closed Thread