Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-21-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyhow I don't think GG would allow me in for the same reasons Kingdom didn't. I'm utterly useless as a person to them. I don't have any friends to vouch for me in there or to serve as a reference, and what little I can do, they probably have 20 guys that can do it better.
You still haven't said why you were rejected. All you've given is some vague nonsense about "probably my level". And sure, if you were level 35 applying to Kingdom ... that won't work. If that was the case, there's a simple fix: level up (and there are even leveling guilds that would happily help you).

But let's take a step back: (almost) everyone in this thread is trying to tell you that your version of reality doesn't line up with their's. Raiding guilds are desperate for more warm bodies: they 100% are not turning people away because they don't have friends!

The reason your version of reality is so different is also clear from your posts: your problem isn't EQ, and it's not guilds rejecting you ... it's:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go outside and get some exercise. The endorphins will help, and being around greenery will help. Call a friend up, watch a movie you love, and if your condition is more serious, talk to a doctor.

But take your mental health seriously: it impacts so much of your life, and if you're this depressed, I'm guessing a lack of a guild isn't the only side effect.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-21-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Definitely talk to a doctor, you’re expressing and acting on suicidal impulses (even if only in game vs gnomes).

I wasn’t kidding when I suggested therapy.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-21-2022, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Focusing more on positive thinking, imagine next time you log on to eq, it could be your perfect session with your perfect character, what would that be like? What would you do?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-21-2022, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Focusing more on positive thinking, imagine next time you log on to eq, it could be your perfect session with your perfect character, what would that be like? What would you do?
Mega twink (300k+ invested) low level randomly grouping with brand new players in rags.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

So lets relax.

A new non-competitive player can

- Hit max level on any toon
- Join a raiding guild that does not require raid attendence and get loot
- Aquire an Epic except for maybe Enchanter and Mage Epic.
- Learn the techniques used by competitive guilds to win races and engages.

You won’t
- Get full BIS gear
- Get legacy items
- Start up your own guild and dunk on the top guilds

Progression in EQ takes time. Years, several years. It’s not a race, things don’t come fast. You gotta have your own goals, be it just seeing a dragon or maybe getting to 60 or getting that Epic weapon. Something like getting VP keyed is a real struggle.

And yes good camps have competition, you gotta get lucky/and or wait your turn.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is? You're making assumptions, false ones, and then based on those assumptions you're missing out.
He’s sorta right though. Wizzies don’t get into attractive groups most of the time.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2022, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Join a raiding guild that does not require raid attendence and get loot
Or join one that does. Kingdom only requires limited raid attendance during the application period. Once you join, you can raid as little or as much as you want. I think even most "casuals" can hit the minimum attendance requirements for a few weeks.

I don't know other guilds, but I suspect they have similar policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s sorta right though. Wizzies don’t get into attractive groups most of the time.
Right, but they are highly valued by raiding guilds.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:25 PM
Aviak

It's ironic that those who are deeply offended by OP sharing feedback are the same people that are recommending mental health therapy.

In Everquest classic (especially before Kunark is released) there should be minor development changes to improve classes that no one wants to play. Some examples:

1) Wizards - Increase single target nuke damage by 35%
2) Warriors - Increase natural base defense modifier (so they aren't less tanky than a Mage's earth pet)
3) Paladins/Rangers/SKs - Increase melee damage by 20%
Old 12-21-2022, 05:40 PM
Banned

Unfortunately even if OP apps to kingdom or any raid guild and gets accepted, he'll quickly realize that he's still gonna be passed over within his own guild unless he poopsocks and clique's up. Seemingly every guild on green now has the same pitch: "Join us cause it's totally laid back but also raid friendly" blah blah. We all know the people who are on discord and in game 24\7 are treated differently than the warm bodies.

That being said, I think it *should* be that way. This game is hard, and it's why I like it. Achievements feel meaningful if they are hard to achieve, regardless of what is making them hard to achieve. There are other games you can play if you want "contested" stuff more easily, although I'd argue it's no longer really contested if it's easy to get.