Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW, a few other definitions, just in case you distrust the one you originally quoted:
Actually the first full definition describes it as a theory, not quite splitting hairs there. Close, but not quite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wikipedia:
Please tell me you aren't claiming Wikipedia is an unbiased source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because women are smart enough not to waste their time with a publicly edited encyclopedia?
It's hardly public edit these days. They've made their agenda clear the past few years, abundantly so over the past several months.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually the first full definition describes it as a theory, not quite splitting hairs there. Close, but not quite.
You're referring to the section later on in the page. I'm referring (as I said in my original post) to the "the very first definition on the page you linked".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please tell me you aren't claiming Wikipedia is an unbiased source.

It's hardly public edit these days. They've made their agenda clear the past few years, abundantly so over the past several months.
Ok, even if I did live in a fantasy conspiracy world where evil people are bent on perverting Wikipedia... and even if I ignored the fact that rabid feminists would edit Wikipedia with a more rabid definition, not less ... I listed a total of four definitions (your's, dictionary.com, google, and wikipedia).

Just admit it: the meaning of "feminist" is a person who believes in equal rights for women. The word has other meanings too, but all four sources agreed that the primary definition of the word is about equality.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Banned

guys wikipedia is conspiring against gamergate this is super important
Old 01-16-2015, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Just admit it: the meaning of "feminist" is a person who believes in equal rights for women. The word has other meanings too, but all four sources agreed that the primary definition of the word is about equality.
That used to be the meaning of the word feminist, until feminism achieved all of its goals, the only remaining feminists are the ones with feminist agendas. It's right in the name feminism

Why are you afraid of the egalitarian label?
Old 01-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Sarnak

Wikipedia is against Republican, White, Non-Jewish, people with knowledge!

>_>
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 01-16-2015, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Modern feminism is very different from the mid 20th century feminism. And if Salon wants to start writing about why X group of people hates modern feminism, they'll have Bible-size issues for a decade, since nobody much cares for modern feminism except the insane women who espouse it. The only reason it even got to this point is that nearly all guys will tell a woman anything she wants to hear just to get at the V.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thought experiment.

About 13% of all contributors to Wikipedia are women, even though women constitute over 50% of undergraduate/graduate/PhD level academic professionals.

Why?
Patriarchy.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities
If this is the actual definition of feminism, what are modern day feminists doing fighting over video games and other shit in the western world, where women have had equal rights and opportunities for decades now? There's really no work left to be done on the rights front here. Of course, there are 700M+ Muslim women that could probably use some help on the rights front.

On that topic, can anyone explain to me why democrats tend to be very pro-women's rights, but very anti-talking about Islam and it's horrible treatment of women? Of all the contradictions that our political parties hold (and both of them hold many), this is one of the most striking and odd. Is cultural relativism a higher good over the rights of women to read a book without being doused with acid?
Old 01-16-2015, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is the actual definition of feminism, what are modern day feminists doing fighting over video games and other shit in the western world, where women have had equal rights and opportunities for decades now? There's really no work left to be done on the rights front here. Of course, there are 700M+ Muslim women that could probably use some help on the rights front.

On that topic, can anyone explain to me why democrats tend to be very pro-women's rights, but very anti-talking about Islam and it's horrible treatment of women? Of all the contradictions that our political parties hold (and both of them hold many), this is one of the most striking and odd. Is cultural relativism a higher good over the rights of women to read a book without being doused with acid?
you're comparing caricatures to ideals and then attributing the failure to the ideals
Old 01-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're comparing caricatures to ideals and then attributing the failure to the ideals

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread