Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Banned

Speaking as someone that's only started playing here like 2 weeks ago. It's very easy for me to say I'd love to see a new server go up. It's very overwhelming how far behind I am and its easy to feel like I will NEVER catch up or be on equal footing to those that have been around a while no matter how much I play. I'm sitting here with like ~100pp to my name with spells that cost ~14pp per spell and trying to buy gear upgrades in EC when even mediocre items cost ~500pp+ cause of RMT inflation. It's a bit disheartening but what can ya do? Would be really nice to get a fresh start so that everyone that started playing post-launch has a chance at being a cool kid. But I think we're getting our hopes up for nothing. Will probably never happen.

Even for all its faults. This game is still way better than all the modern mmo crap alternatives that we have.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Fire Giant

I'm with ya jcr. Only been here for a few weeks, and I love the nostalgia, but I hate how incredibly far behind I obviously am. That, and every meaningful mob is camped 24/7 by people for MQ's and for their mule to buy more fungis.

Oh well, it is what it is I guess. Would love to camp my JBoots myself, but after checking every day for the last week and a half only to see the usual MQ'ers there, I give up.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Banned

Just make TMO their own server.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Orc

As someone not in TMO all I have to contribute is: QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would like a chance at classic items like the Guise and Manastone, and would love to start with everyone at lvl1 again. How long did Guise and Manastone even last before going no longer dropped?

Also, I remember in Live Classic, in events where items were available that would not be available in the near future, queuing systems were set up by the players where you would simply just wait in line until it is your turn for the next drop. Why is that not done here? Are people here really that greedy?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

Yup
A lot of douchbags
That's why thousands have quit. P99 is fantastic.. The raid scene is 1 step above sleeping face down in puke
Old 08-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, people would have to start and advance without NON CLASSIC gear, features, and mechanics. IMO, GAME BREAKING mechanics like permanently charmed pets, revamped dot stacking rules, root and snare stacking, etc etc etc. And not being able to box, RMT (they are better at catching that now), or sell accounts. The damage those things did and do to the server economy are irreparable and simply nerfing things and making new policies doesn't undo the damage done retroactively.

It has nothing to do with "leet drops" but a clean fresh start in the actual, or closer at least, classic environment we have now after almost 4 years of development and experience of the server staff. The people who camped those "leet drops" and who got to the top first, did so in a NON CLASSIC environment with NON CLASSIC mechanics and many of them CHEATED because it wasn't as easy to get caught then. It's not about drops.
What he said. 2 to 3 years ago this was a Totally different server. No pet penalty, DS that lasted 15 minutes, stun spells that really stunned lol, etc, etc.
Closed Thread