Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

rogean says typo, i say monday morning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy
Do they cycle to the next status after Class C (whatever that would be) or do they cycle to the next status after FFA?
They cycle to the next status after Class C.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MOBS / bracket:
Trakanon FFA
Venril Sathir FFA
Gorenaire Class C
Severilous Class C
Faydedar Class C
Innoruuk Class C
Maestro FFA
Lady Vox FFA

Assume Full repop and then this happens.

Trakanon FFA - Killed by TMO
Venril Sathir FFA - Killed By TMO

TMO has hit its 2 mob bag limit. They now cannot kill another mob in the list from this repop until 24 hours since the repop have passed.

Now in the mean time this happens:
Gorenaire Class C - Killed by IB
Severilous Class C - Killed by IB
Maestro FFA - Killed by FE
Lady Vox FFA - Killed by FE

IB & FE have both (working independently) hit their bag limits.

These two mobs are the only mobs left:
Faydedar Class C
Innoruuk Class C

They're both Class C and all the Class C guilds have hit their bag limits. The Class R guilds are not allowed to touch these mobs until 6 hours later.

6 hours have passed since the repop. Now any Class R guilds can go after these mobs because they are now FFA.

Lets just assume for the sake of argument that Class R has a massive derp attack and leave these mobs alone.

The 24 hour mark is hit and the bag expires. IB, FE and TMO can now race to kill those last two remaining mobs. At this point it doesn't matter who ends up getting the kill, whether its Class C or Class R.

I'm pretty sure this is how it would work.

QUESTION: what happens to the mobs designation after death once the 6 hour limit is hit?

Since in this example Inny & Fayd were both Class C designations but then were killed under FFA. Do they cycle to the next status after Class C (whatever that would be) or do they cycle to the next status after FFA?
Stop trying to make things more confusing then they have to be!!! WTF is wrong with you?!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to make things more confusing then they have to be!!! WTF is wrong with you?!
You consider that confusing? I was just giving an example of Funkutron5000's comment "Kill 2 things outside of VP. If you don't kill 2 things within 6 hours, kill anything else that is up (to bring your total to 2.) After 24 hours, if anything else is still up, kill it."

This shows a scenario where mobs repop, bag limits are hit, the 6 hour timeout on a Class designation is hit and the 24 hour window on bag limits is hit.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Seemed reasonable to me.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That post made the most sense in this entire thread. I'm hoping you were being sarcastic.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow
There's two different parts to this. I need Yendor to make a flow chart probably.
Here you go... I had to reduce the size a bit to get it all in there, but now it's very easy to work through:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derubael might have typo'd. The intent was that bag limits are global on a repop.
Quote:
On any full server respawn, all guilds are limited to two raid mob kills for 12 hours. This limitation does not apply to mobs that are exclusive to a Class.
Drawn from http://www.project1999.com/raid.php

I read that as bag limits only apply to FFA mobs on patch days. Otherwise I don't see any mention to the idea of bag limits. If I'm not understanding what is being said there maybe it should be reworded.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Either that or Rogean took liberties to add it in as it was his plan.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drawn from http://www.project1999.com/raid.php

I read that as bag limits only apply to FFA mobs on patch days. Otherwise I don't see any mention to the idea of bag limits. If I'm not understanding what is being said there maybe it should be reworded.
Quote:
The following mobs are exclusive to Class C: Druushk, Hoshkar, Nexona, Phara Dar, Silverwing, Xygoz

On any full server respawn, all guilds are limited to two raid mob kills for 12 hours. This limitation does not apply to mobs that are exclusive to a Class.
It's just saying that VP is exempt from the bag limit.

The other mobs are not exclusive to a class. Inny may be designated to a specific class or marked as FFA for a particular spawn, but it isn't exclusive to that class.

The VP mobs are exclusive to class C. If you kill any VP you become class c if you weren't already.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 01-14-2014 at 04:56 PM..
Closed Thread