Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Banned

why does lite act like he's the authority on how to play a bard?

he got 3rd place out of 4 at the best of the best

saying the hardest-to-kill class should also be one of the strongest classes offensively is one of the most chortleworthy things i've read in a long time
Old 03-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Bards dont need the unresitable chants to be one of the best classes if played well. I cannot blame lite for liking that his chants are unresistable. I loved when mighty strike cripple did more dmg.

I do think bard songs need to zone. I cant find any patch notes about it but I know at least some songs would zone with you on live.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why does lite act like he's the authority on how to play a bard?

he got 3rd place out of 4 at the best of the best

saying the hardest-to-kill class should also be one of the strongest classes offensively is one of the most chortleworthy things i've read in a long time
Bringing up BoTB, when you arleady admitted the only reason you won one of your matches was due to Iksar regen. In addition to that, you've already expressed the deep disadvantage I was at gear wise due to dumb denons resists. Stick to RNF for opinion swapping silly stuff.

Let's stick to making the server better.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards dont need the unresitable chants to be one of the best classes if played well. I cannot blame lite for liking that his chants are unresistable. I loved when mighty strike cripple did more dmg.

I do think bard songs need to zone. I cant find any patch notes about it but I know at least some songs would zone with you on live.

Unresistable might be a bit over the top, but the resist rates prior to the last patch made chanting people practically not an option. Pretty sure Jibeknn outregened Tune's dots with Iksar + Fungi and his gear was nothing special at the time. Absolutely needs to be looked over.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

Bards will be in a perfect state even after chant resist nerf is fixed. Are you seriously crying about dps on a bard? rly?

Bard DA should zone with you, that would be a lovely fix.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Banned

bard songs zoning with you would be cool

i don't remember if they did during kunark/velious, but i distinctly remember them doing so in luclin(used to make sure to selo's accelerating chorus before zoning into an indoor dungeon)

selo's accelerando is supposed to overwrite root as long as you already had selo's when you got rooted for at least a few months into velious, would also be a cool classic change
Old 03-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Banned

2 min selo (?) a diff spell/part of timeline?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Naw tune spanked that ass
Old 03-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Banned

Historically bards have always been a class that everyone thinks is strong as fuck, probably overpowered, except noone plays them because they aren't and they a pain to play.

I wasted 13k posts on eqlive on just that.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Banned

Resist magic should work 3x as well on pets, tis classic

NPCS including pets with resist magic on them should be nearly impossible to root, let alone keep rooted and very hard to charm too

bonus points if mage epic pet can be made nigh immune to magic with resist magic, it also needs to be defaulted to ~runspeed 2 (AA) speed

unsure if this can be made possible