Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You act like every player on the server gives a shit about being in a raid guild and slaying the dragons for their phat lewts.

I agree it won't fix the problem, but if it's going to make the raid guilds squirm in the meantime I'm all for it 100%. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every player may not, but they should.

I can tell you already that odds are being worked out to figure out the best chances at grabbing spawns with the new system. End game raiding guilds don't care, one of them proposed the system...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enygma & crazyeye and any I may have missed: VELIOUS FIXES NOTHING. Velious just moves the 'socking from a green, forested continent to an icy tundra. The interactions between the players and/or the Server code is how you alter the raiding meta-game on this server.
Except that Velious increases the available raid content by a factor of maybe 30-40 when you consider the dramatic increase in targets coupled with much, much faster respawns than we currently have. Add to that that they're a lot harder to kill and can't be zerged down the way 32k targets can, and I think Velious will fix a lot. Any guild, or any 2 guilds, that think they can hold down all the raid targets will probably burn out very quickly. Do you really think 1-2 guilds can manage to hold down Vindi, HoT, Dain/Tormax/Yelinak/NToV/ST/Zland/Kland/HarlaDar/Tunare and whatever else? Maybe 2nd/3rd tier guilds won't get to kill their preferred mob every night, but they'll be able to get a lot more than our current cockblock raid scene allows.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every player may not, but they should.
Stop
posting
please
Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop
posting
please
No. If you haven't noticed the population that would like to raid is much larger than the populations that don't want to and the one that already is.

You, perhaps, happen to be in the smallest group on P99, the one that doesn't want to raid (congrats). However, the majority of the server would like to see EQ raiding content without jumping through insane non-classic hoops.

You also have brought nothing to the conversation/thread other than "LULZ, I PERCEVE EMAGINERY LULZ"
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. If you haven't noticed the population that would like to raid is much larger than the populations that don't want to and the one that already is.
Pull more numbers out of your ass please.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Pull more numbers out of your ass please.
The size of the P99 population that does not want to poopsock is smaller than the P99 population that does not want to raid and are not mutually exclusive. Stop confusing the two.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The size of the P99 population that does not want to poopsock is smaller than the P99 population that does not want to raid and are not mutually exclusive. Stop confusing the two.
A lot of people on P99 wish they could gather up their friends and go kill a raid mob without wading through a sea of shit. The only long-term solution that might make that possible is Velious.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think you have this backwards.

There are tons of people who want to raid, just not in the current set-up (tracking, variance, poopsocking). I don't know of anyone but ka(whatever) that states he just doesn't want to raid.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does not help. The poopsocking will commence before the last 15%, and once started it will not stop.

Aretraes - 30 something Bard
Harmonium - 50 something Rogue

Seith - 65 Bard Xev Server - Velious>LDoN era
http://www.twitch.tv/spaceframe
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you have this backwards.

There are tons of people who want to raid, just not in the current set-up (tracking, variance, poopsocking). I don't know of anyone but ka(whatever) that states he just doesn't want to raid.
Not everyone is some jobless lowlife who wants to spend hundreds of hours a month playing a 13 year old game with no reward other than some stats in a window (AKA you).

It's not about "raiding" it's about what you and the P99 raiding community call "raiding". This debacle is not the dev's fault, it's yours. The only ones to blame are yourselves, I hope some day you'll understand this.

I also hope you realize that it's your bitching and moaning that has caused the devs to make things worse for you. It's blatantly obvious the reason they actually implemented non-classic FTE shouts is so they would potentially have less work to do while they develop more content for the server as a whole. They have stated time and time again that they don't give a shit what you think when it comes to this kind of thing.

The project 1999 "raiding community" has made this bed, at most the devs have supplied the lighting. Continue to sleep in it for a while longer.
Closed Thread