Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

I also love this UI, mainly for the fact that it does remind me of the early days, and I find it has all the functionality I need. I think it has a clean look reminiscent of the first UI in EQ. I run it at 1360 x 768 on my 32" lcd tv with plenty of room in the viewport.

It is also a popular UI on EQInterface.com so there are a few of us out there that like it, but apparently it is a hassle to mod, update etc. I have not had any luck changing the class animation or the spell gem icons but I am also very limited in my skills as a modder.

If I am not using the classic UI I use the Velious. Also reminds me of the older look and feel of EQ. I am just not a fan of the scrolly filigree junk of the default UI pieces.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Default Incorrect spells

First of all, I love the graphics of this UI it is just about perfect and a little extra stuff just to make it as good as other UIs! Thanks for all the work Dr.Spike!!!

Now to my questions, does anyone know how to make the spell icons correct? If I use the default ui the game works fine with the old school buff icons (I use eq emulator launcher and thats why they probably look correct). However, when I use this UI its still the old spell icons but... there the wrong ones. Skin like wood is being displayed as a haste, minor healing a shielding spell... its wrong for every class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Also necromancer pet spells have no icon and its impossible to put them on my spell bar without having to right click on an empty slot.

Secondly, since there is no spell book anyone know how to save/load a set of spells on your bar so you don't have to load all your main spells spell by spell every time you die or after finish buffing?

Lastly, has anyone found if the class icon is loaded in one of the .xml so we can just trade it with another .tga depending on what class were going to play?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

1. The graphics of the UI only really lets you play in 1024 x 768 and honestly how many people still play at that resolution.

2. Delete the gemicons and spells tga files from the Classic UI folder. It will load the defaults and work correctly.

3. There should be a spellbook or you can't scribe your spells. Ctrl B is the default macro to open your spellbook. There are no spell save sets as its not really classic is it? Can it be added? Sure.

4. The class icon does load correctly, its just off the left side of the inventory window and isn't seen. The SK symbol you are seeing is from the selector window which is just using the bag/SK symbol as the press/pressed button to open the Inventory.
Last edited by Savok; 02-22-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Old 05-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Can anyone confirm if this works 100% now ?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ok not good.

It installs well and loads up well - looks good !

But it crashes the game upon zoning, and then the client at launch.

Had to delete the classic UI folder to get the game working again.

Looks exactly like I would want it, shame for the crashing :s
Old 05-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Decaying Skeleton

looks good except for the spell gems, tried using the one from the eqchanges - think i need a version for this though

anyone got? <3
Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Large Rat

i can't get the spell gem to center in the slot, anyone know how to fix it ?, the default(new) one were fine, but the old one don't center
Old 07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Kobold

I can't believe this hasn't been made a higher priority from this community. I'm super interested in having this UI, but it sounds like it's not worth even attempting at this stage of the game. Is this still being worked on?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

No it's not being worked on at the moment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 AM
Sarnak

I just started using this UI again, even if it is a bit buggy. Seems some of us still love it even if the majority hate it. I will probably grow tired of it at some point and go back to the velious UI.

If anyone else plans on using it I have a couple tips to pass on if they havent already been posted:

If you need a program to unzip a RaR file there are several out there, I use Free RaR Extract Frog.

After unzipping it into the uifiles directory, next be sure to delete the EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml file from the classic folder. Otherwise you may not be able to see or buy anything from merchants.

Then download the classic round gem icons from Savok:
Savok's Classic Icons Rounded zip file
and unzip those into the classic UI folder.
This should give you classic icons that aren't an exact fit but they are pretty close and look better than the defaut.

Two things I can't stand about this UI, even if it is classic: I have to adjust the chat window apha settings to almost transparent so I can see some of the different color text, especially guild chat. Also the pet window isn't an exact fit into the UI. Other than that I still love it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]